DEARBORN, Mich. and BERKELEY, Calif., June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ford and MOG today announced Ford drivers can now enjoy MOG's award-winning, on-demand music service at their request using SYNC AppLink and the power of their voice.
SYNC® AppLink™ gives music lovers access to MOG's vast catalog of more than 15 million songs in the car. Ford drivers simply need to launch the MOG app on their USB-connected iPhone and MOG will immediately become an available option. Once selected, the listener's MOG play queue will instantly begin playing so users can pick up listening wherever they left off.
MOG can be controlled with voice commands and in-dash controls, allowing drivers to easily personalize their listening experience in a range of 2012 model Ford Motor Company vehicles. Ford drivers will have immediate access to their favorite songs and downloads via the AppLink interface along with access to custom radio channels that can be easily "tuned" by using the traditional tune knob on the in-dash interface.
"MOG continues to focus on delivering the best music experience for drivers," says Drew Denbo, senior vice president of Business Development for MOG. "We are thrilled to launch MOG on the Ford AppLink platform, giving Ford's huge number of customers access to more than 15 million songs on-demand and customized radio through their car stereo systems."
"MOG offers a great mobile app experience, and now – using SYNC AppLink – we've enhanced it even further for in-car use by adding voice command and control," says John Ellis, global technologist for Ford Connected Services. "And, thanks to the 320 kilo bits per second streaming quality unique to MOG, users will still get the high audio resolution they expect when listening to their favorite music."
The MOG iPhone app enables the following capabilities through SYNC AppLink:
- On-demand MOG radio: MOG offers the best music discovery engine that provides unlimited, ad-free listening of true "artist only" radio, or a full mix of "similar artists." Simply use the tune knob to control the radio mix and voice command to turn radio on or off.
- Shuffle "favorites" and "downloads": Instant access to stored "favorites" and "downloads" by saying "Shuffle favorites" or "Shuffle downloads" at the voice prompt.
- Program radio station presets: If you love what's playing and want more, simply press and hold one of the radio preset buttons on the dashboard to assign it so it's easy to come back and access your favorite artist station.
- Playlist listening: Create the perfect driving playlist (and then some) on your desktop before hitting the open road. By saying "List playlists," you'll have complete access to all of your personal mixes.
- Favorite on the fly: With one click or using the voice command, "Add to favorites," drivers can save songs to their MOG "favorites" list, giving listeners the ability to add songs to their collection while in the car.
- Storage: MOG allows users to store music from MOG on their mobile devices, enabling access to favorite titles even when a data connection is not available. Simply use voice commands such as "Shuffle downloads" to instantly play downloads from your device.
- Curated content: If you want to hear the hottest tunes according to Billboard's Top 50 Charts, just say "Top songs" for instant access.
The MOG app for SYNC AppLink is available on a range of 2012 model Ford vehicles including Fiesta, Fusion, F-150, Super Duty, E-Series, Mustang and Expedition.
To enable the MOG on-demand service in the vehicle, Ford customers need to become MOG subscribers and can sign up for a $9.99 plan by visiting mog.com/FORD. Additional information and getting started guides are available at syncmyride.com.
About MOG Inc.
MOG Inc. is a next-generation music media company founded in June 2005 by David Hyman, former CEO for Gracenote. MOG's all-you-can-eat, on-demand listening service provides access to a vast library of over 15 million songs through its mobile apps on iPhone, iPad, iTouch and Android, online, on streaming entertainment devices and Internet connected TVs and Blu-ray players and in the car. MOG Inc. is also the provider of The MOG Music Network (MMN), the premier destination for music content online and largest music focused advertising network consisting of over 1000 music sites, reaching more than 60 million people each month (comScore 2012).
Headquartered in Berkeley, California, MOG Inc. investors include Menlo Ventures, Balderton Capital, Simon Equity Partners, Universal Music Group and Sony Music. Grammy-winning record producer, Rick Rubin, named by Time Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the world," is a member of MOG's Board of Directors.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 166,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company