NEW YORK and PETACH TIKVAH, Israel, July 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CTERA Networks today announced that a Fortune Global 500 financial services firm has selected CTERA's Enterprise File Services Platform and Cloud Storage Gateways to be deployed at more than 4,000 retail branch offices. This deployment marks the largest cloud storage gateway deal ever announced for a banking customer and comes on the heels of CTERA's selection by a Fortune 100 financial services firm for one of the world's largest Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS) deployments.
CTERA's Enterprise File Services Platform and associated gateway and file sync technology was selected to provide branch office file services, user file and project sync across offices, helping drive employee productivity and IT support efficiency improvements. In addition, CTERA will enable software distribution for operating systems and application updates to branch office desktops and servers. CTERA was awarded the project following an extensive security audit performed by the customer, who will operate the solution entirely from within their own secure private cloud environment.
The CTERA solution was ultimately selected due to a variety of compelling factors, ranging from security to productivity benefits, including:
- Greater than 50 percent cost reduction of branch office file and data protection services
- Reduced IT support overhead and complexity via CTERA's centralized management tools
- Regulatory compliance and data governance enabled by central auditing of data and access
- User data mobility across offices using CTERA's file sync capabilities
- Simple, instantaneous distribution of software updates to remote offices
- Control over data residency and sovereignty by using CTERA's platform in conjunction with the customer's private software-defined object storage
For more information about the CTERA's cloud storage gateway appliances, please visit here.
CTERA (www.ctera.com) provides the industry's first and only cloud storage services platform. Deployed by Global 1000 enterprises and leading cloud service providers, CTERA transforms private or public cloud infrastructure into scalable, secure, business-critical data services, addressing the storage, data protection and collaboration needs of business users. CTERA was founded by IT security experts in 2008, and is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Benchmark Capital, Venrock and Cisco. Follow @CTERA on twitter.com/CTERA.
SOURCE CTERA Networks