DALLAS, Sept. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Fotona, based in the U.S. and Europe, has received FDA clearance for its new StarWalker® MaQX Q-Switched laser system for treating tattoos, pigmented and vascular lesions, acne and scar revision and even permanent hair reduction. The Verde 532 mode in a "tattoo laser" is exclusive to the MaQX, sales in the U.S. will begin immediately. The advancements of the StarWalker® MaQX include, unprecedented clinical versatility, high power and performance, ergonomic compact size, 110v or 220v and an intuitive, interactive touch screen with user-friendly application wizards. For more information on the StarWalker® MaQX, go to https://www.fotona.com/us/products/3089/starwalker-r/
Internationally, Fotona launched its revolutionary StarWalker® MaQX laser system at the IMCAS 2017 world congress in Paris. The StarWalker Marx was chosen as the "Best New Technology" winner in THE European Aesthetic Guide's Aesthetic Industry Awards.
The StarWalker® MaQX and its proprietary Adaptive Structured Pulse (ASP) technology offers a wide range of technical advancements including:
- High powered picosecond pulses in nanosecond packettes, for the best of nano and pico. This breakthrough increases overall power, resulting in more control and new applications.
- An unprecedented 10 Joules of Q-Switched energy in one MaQX pulse, enables larger spot sizes and faster treatments.
- Patented FacTatTM procedure combines resurfacing with tattoo removal, creating chimneys to release gases and pressure enhancing photoacoustic results, for faster and fewer treatments.
- FRAC3 1064nm mode for skin rejuvenation and removal of thin hair.
- VERSA3 1064nm long pulse mode for hair removal, wrinkle reduction.
- Exclusive VERDE 532 mode designed to specifically treat vascular lesions greatly expanding StarWalker applications as compared to other industry "tattoo lasers".
VERDE, FRAC3 and VERSA3 modes can produce clinical benefits including procedures requiring fewer treatments, safe and friendly on all skin types, (when used properly), maximum versatility and is the first Nd:YAG Q-Switch Fractional ASP laser. The system can be a part of your practice for many years, backed by Fotona worldwide, and takes the Fotona "Ultra Performance," to the next level. The StarWalker® offers the best of both worlds, with the unique combination of high peak power picosecond micro pulses within an overall nanosecond high energy macropulse. Based on Fotona ASP technology, StarWalker is capable of delivering an impressive 10 J of Q-switched energy in one industry first, structured MaQX pulse.
The unique MaQX high energy capability of StarWalker enables the generation of a higher energy photoacoustic effect at the treatment site, which, when properly used, can lead to more effective and faster treatments. A big advantage of high MaQX energies is larger spot sizes which can be used for more homogeneous treatments of even deeper lying skin pigments, and therefore may reduce the risk of unwanted side effects.
StarWalker® clinical versatility:
1064 nm wavelength in Q-switched mode:
– Removal of dark (black, blue, brown) tattoo ink
– Treatment of nevus of ota
– Treatment of common nevi
– Removal and lightening of unwanted hair
– Skin resurfacing procedures for the treatment of acne scars and wrinkles
1064 nm wavelength in long pulse mode:
– Removal of unwanted hair, for stable long term or permanent hair reduction and for treatment of PFB. The laser is indicated for all skin types, Fitzpatrick I-VI, including tanned skin
– Photocoagulation and hemostasis of benign pigmented and benign vascular lesions, such as, but not limited to, port wine stains, hemaongiomae, warts, telangiectasiae, rosacea, venus lake, leg veins and spider veins
– Coagulation and hemostasis of soft tissue
– Treatment of wrinkles
– Treatment of mild to moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris
532 nm wavelength in Q-switched mode (nominal delivered energy of 585 nm and 650 nm with the optional 585 nm and 650 nm dye converter handpieces):
– Red, tan, purple and orange tattoo ink removal
– Sky blue (light) tattoo ink removal
– Green tattoo ink removal
– Treatment of benign pigmented lesions including, but not limited to: cafe-au-lait birthmarks, solar lentigines, senile lentigines, Becker's nevi, freckles, common nevi, nevus spilus
– Treatment of benign vascular lesion including, but not limited to: port wine birthmarks, telangiectasias, spider angioma, cherry angioma, spider nevi, Seborrheic Keratosis, Treatment of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, Skin resurfacing procedures for the treatment of acne scars and wrinkles – Sky blue (light) tattoo ink removal – Green tattoo ink removal
532 nm wavelength in long pulse mode:
– The treatment (hemostasis, color lightening, blanching, flattening, reduction of lesion size) of the benign vascular lesions (Angiomas, Hemangiomas, Telangiectasia)
Fotona (www.fotona.com) has sold over 25,000 lasers around the world, with direct sales in the U.S, and distribution in over 60 countries. Fotona produces award winning lasers in dentistry, aesthetics, dermatology, gynecology & other medical fields. Fotona has one of the most highly educated workforces in the industry, with an exceptionally high number of PhDs specializing in laser and medical technology. Strong R&D capabilities have always been a key competitive advantage of the company, resulting in many patented solutions, including the Optoflex® articulated arm, QSP (Quantum Square Pulse) and VSP (Variable Square Pulse) technologies, Fotona SMOOTH® mode, Vacuum Cell technology, and many more.
The company manufactures all its laser systems in-house, ensuring that each system is of the highest quality, reliability, ease-of-use and durability, in compliance with all applicable international standards. When you choose Fotona, you choose a company with a business philosophy to continuously Choose Perfection to meet the needs of a highly demanding marketplace. www.fotona.com
CONTACT: Keith Bateman, email@example.com
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fotona-receives-fda-clearance-for-new-starwalker-maqx-ultra-performance-q-switched-system-for-treating-tattoos-pigmented-and-vascular-lesions-acne-scars--hair-reduction-300526452.html