PALO ALTO, Calif., Nov. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Plastc creator of the Plastc Card, the most intelligently-designed, secure digital card ever invented, announced today an exclusive four-day sale from 12:01 a.m. ET, November 28 – 11:59 p.m. ET, December 1, 2014. People who pre-order on www.plastc.com will pay $0 now and then USD $155 when Plastc Card ships in Summer 2015. Plastc Card solves the problem of people who want a simple and elegant way to store their many credit and debit cards, loyalty and gift cards, access cards and more in a single, minimalist, secure card. Plus it's probably the coolest thing you could pull out of your wallet.
"On Black Friday and Cyber Monday, consumers expect a good deal, so we decided to go all out and offer the pre-order of Plastc Card with a zero up-front fee," said Ryan Marquis, chief operating officer and co-founder of Plastc. "Of course, you'll need to pay later when it ships. We eliminated all the barriers so everyone can experience Plastc."
Top 10 Tech Features on Plastc Card
- Plastc Card comes with an E-Ink Touchscreen, a proprietary wafer thin digital display using the technology that shows your name, credit card, barcodes and much more.
- The rewritable magnetic strip enables the behavior of the card to change depending on which card you select.
- Plastc Card will ship with Chip and PIN hardware which means that it will work globally after a Plastc firmware update in late 2015.
- Rewritable NFC/RFID technology that lets Plastc Card mimic any RFID access cards.
- Low energy Bluetooth (BLE) is included within Plastc Card for connecting with the accompanying Wallet app.
- If your Card is left behind or away from your phone for a predetermined amount of time, Plastc Card will remote wipe your data to prevent fraudulent activity.
- Return Me Mode helps your card find its way back to you by displaying a message on the e-ink screen when it's lost.
- Built in flash memory allows for you to store up to 20 cards at once.
- Plastc Card will display your photo ID and signature on the E-Ink Touchscreen so you are giving additional forms of identification to the retailer.
- 30-Day Battery Life + Wireless Charging you will experience about 30 days of battery life.
Fast Facts on Plastc Card
Plastc continues its Plastc Card momentum with a number of notable milestones.
- Plastc Card sales were $5.2 million worldwide in the first week of its launch
- Plastc's video viewed by over 1.3 million people and continues to rise
- Top buyers of Plastc Card are early adopters, ranging in age of 25-34 years of age
- 45.8% of its original pre-order sales were from female buyers, while 55.2% were male
- U.S. cities where people ordered the most include New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and Seattle
Plastc's Refer a Friend Program
Plastc will continue its give $20 get $20 referral program. People who pre-order Plastc Card have the option to refer as many friends and family to purchase Plastc Card as well. For each person that accepts the offer, the original purchaser will receive a $20 Amazon gift card at the time of shipping, and the referred will receive $20 off the purchase of their Plastc Card.
There is no limit to the referral program at this point. This program will be running in tandem with the Plastc Black Friday – CyberMonday offer.
For additional details please see www.plastc.com/share.
Plastc (www.plastc.com) is a Fin Tech company focused on designing innovative products that improve the lives of everyday people.
Plastc Card is the most intelligently designed, full-featured, and secure payment device on the market. In conjunction with the Plastc Wallet app, the Plastc Card can store credit, debit, gift, loyalty, membership, and even access cards on a single device. Each Plastc Card is equipped with a secure PIN lock, proximity alerts, and a unique 'Return Me' mode, making it more secure than both traditional credit cards and other payment technologies.
Plastc was founded by entrepreneurs and technologists Ryan Marquis and Mark Stubbs in 2012 and is based in Palo Alto, California.
Video - http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/PRNA/ENR/FX-SF77645-Plastc-HD.mp4
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141126/161203
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141007/150643
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/four-day-special-plastc-card-drops-the-up-front-price-to-zero-from-155-300001927.html