LOS ANGELES, March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction patent portfolios from VideoMining Corporation that deliver the following: improved search pattern recognition, object/face recognition, demographic recognition from visual data, and targeted message delivery for on-site signage. The lot will be included in the 15th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on March 29, 2012, at Terranea Resort near Los Angeles, California.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
The technology included in these four portfolios relates to (1) improving internet search efficiency through better connection of search words and historical behavior, (2) face/object recognition using ANN (artificial neural network) architecture, (3) image-based demographic Identification/classification and (4) improved methods for delivering targeted advertisements through audience identification.
The first portfolio relates to improving internet search efficiency through better connection of search words and historical behavior.
- The disclosed Object Verification Enabled Network (OVEN) technology provides a computational framework for processing system large of amounts of complex data and events – including collaboration among multiple users.
- This technology allows developers to set pre-determined associations between search words and user behaviors and produce more relevant search results for user queries.
The technology in the second portfolio discloses a device and a method for object recognition using an artificial neural network (ANN) architecture.
- This solution is capable of:
- Simultaneously generating multiple sub-windows from a single image stream,
- Providing pixel data and interlayer neuron data to at least a sub-window processor,
- Multiplying and accumulating the product of pixel data or interlayer data and synapse weight,
- Applying an activation function to an accumulated neuron value.
- The result is accurate object recognition of the input.
- The technology in this portfolio is especially relevant for security, with the ability to:
- Detect presence of undesired objects
- Make sure that the object in question is the desired object
- Identify a building, animal, human face, plant, etc.
- This portfolio should be relevant to the mobile and security industries.
The third portfolio discloses identification of demographics from object-based information.
- This technique can be used for improved understanding viewer demographics for more targeted messages and better return on the advertising dollars.
- Portfolio includes multiple patents related to demographic identification from facial images.
- Also disclosed is a face-based automatic gender recognition system.
- One patent presents a method and a system for characterizing physical space based on automatic demographics measurements. This technology uses multiple ways to capture images.
- Demographic data is extracted and integrated into robust image processing systems that provide accurate results in spite of scene variables such as noise, lighting, and occlusion.
The fourth portfolio discloses an embedded audience measurement platform that can be integrated with on-site signage.
- Audience data is measured from an image stream using dynamically-configurable hardware architecture that provides an end-to-end solution for audience measurement.
- The disclosed technology is also a complete system for broad audience measurement and has various video analytic components built into the system – examples include demographics classification, gaze estimation, emotion recognition, behavior analysis, and impression measurement.
- The technology can be applied across many applications including measurement of audience engagement with digital signage or out-of-home media.
- Capabilities include content customization for targeted audience-sensitive in-store marketing.
These are key strategic portfolios for a wide range of companies including: internet search, contextual advertising, the mobile and security industries, mobile advertising, market research, digital signage and retail display.
Companies who have cited this patent portfolio include:
Microsoft, Seiko, Mitsubishi Electric, Avaya, Fujifilm, Kodak
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 561-309-0011 or [email protected]
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage