ASHEVILLE, N.C., Dec. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Four Seasons Plumbing, a family-owned and operated plumbing company serving the Asheville and Hendersonville areas, is providing a list of tips for homeowners looking to reduce their carbon footprint next year.
"There is a rich culture of environmental preservation in Western North Carolina that isn't present in other part of the country," said Max Rose, owner of Four Seasons Plumbing. "If we all do our part, we can make a big difference in reducing our carbon footprint, water waste and greenhouse gasses."
According to Rose, Asheville homeowners can take the following steps to make their homes more eco-friendly in the coming year:
- Buy efficient appliances – Appliances are getting more efficient every year, and some have better energy and water-use ratings than others. An appliance's energy rating is easy to find and can be a guide for those looking to reduce their electricity and water consumption.
- Install low-use fixtures – Shower heads, toilets, faucets and other fixtures come in models that use less water than others. These can lower a home's utility bill, as well as reduce the amount of water a home uses.
- Plant a garden – Plants remove carbon dioxide and give off oxygen, so keeping a garden can at least counteract one's carbon output while also providing a fun hobby, home-grown vegetables or beautiful flowers. Install a drip irrigation system so that plants get only the water they need.
- Landscape using climate-appropriate plants – Local plants are better-adapted to the environment, non-invasive to other species and require less water than others.
- Consider tankless water heaters – traditional water heaters store 30-50 gallons of water and are engineered to keep all that water hot at all times. Tankless water heaters only heat water as its used, cutting back on both energy and water use. Tankless water heaters have other benefits, too. For instance, the average life expectancy of a tankless is more than 20 years compared to 10-15 years for traditional storage water heaters. They also take up about a quarter of the space and their construction requires fewer raw materials.
"Asheville and the Blue Ridge area have some of the best natural beauty in the world," Rose said. "We want to make sure our environment is preserved for generations to come, and if each of us takes one small step, that can snowball into a big effect."
For more information about Four Seasons Plumbing, visit http://callfourseasons.com or call 1-828-216-3894.
About Four Seasons Plumbing
Four Seasons Plumbing is a family-owned and operated home services company serving Asheville and Hendersonville areas. Four Seasons Plumbing has established itself as the leader in providing reliable, professional plumbing services throughout the entire Asheville and Hendersonville area and surrounding communities. We pride ourselves on a commitment to customer service and can answer any and all of your plumbing needs, even emergencies. For more information, call 1-828-216-3894 or visit http://callfourseasons.com.
SOURCE Four Seasons Plumbing