KONA, Hawai'i, May 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu, named the Best Beach Resort in the World by Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report, announces Chef Fest, part of the Four Seasons Food and Wine Series. A celebration of high-profile dinners, interactive cooking classes and culinary experiences, the series of events will be held at the Resort October 28-31, 2015 and features some of today's top chefs coming together to cook, teach and entertain in an intimate and relaxed beach setting.
Massimo Falsini (executive chef, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai) welcomes an impressive lineup of guest chefs, including:
- Hugh Acheson (Five & Ten, The National – Athens, GA, Empire State South – Atlanta, GA, The Florence – Savannah, GA; Top Chef Masters, Top Chef; author of A New Turn in the South and Pick a Pickle, and multiple James Beard Award winner)
- Seamus Mullen (Tertulia, El Colmado, El Colmado Butchery – New York City, Sea Containers - London; Chopped, The Next Iron Chef; author of Hero Food)
- Naomi Pomeroy (Beast, Expatriate – Portland, Oregon; Top Chef Masters, Knife Fight; author of Oui: Lessons From an Award-Winning Self-Taught Chef (2016); and James Beard Award winner)
- Jonathan Waxman (Barbuto – New York City, Adele's – Nashville, TN; Top Chef Masters; author of A Great American Cook and Italian My Way
- Robert Gerstenecker (executive chef, Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta)
- Stephen Wambach (executive chef, Four Seasons Hotel Chicago)
Master Sommelier Roberto Viernes and director of mixology Chandra Lucariello from Southern Wine & Spirits will be on hand for wine and cocktail events.
"Chef Fest has become an incredible weekend of culinary experiences, full of amazing talent, food, wine and drink," says Robert Whitfield, regional vice president and general manager of Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. "We're excited to have another stellar lineup of visiting chefs and partners with us, for what's sure to be a most memorable and indulgent celebration."
The line-up of events (schedule subject to change) is as follows:
6:00 p.m. – Chef Fest Grand Tasting: Join and mingle with our guest chefs as they attend action stations, each presenting small plates paired with wine. This reception-style event is a chance to meet the chefs, winemakers and partners of Chef Fest (as well as local farmers) and taste the bounty of Hawaii Island. Hoku Amphitheater, $65
8:00 a.m. – Paddle (stand-up and outrigger) and Brunch with chefs. Alaka'i Nalu, $50
1: 00 p.m. – Interactive Cooking Class with Seamus Mullen. 'ULU, $50
3:00 p.m. – Mixology Class with Chandra Lucariello. Beach Tree, $50
6:00 p.m. – Chef Fest Reception & Dinner (Naomi Pomeroy, Jonathan Waxman, Stephen Wambach and Massimo Falsini.) Beach Tree, $140 with wine
11:30 a.m. – Interactive Cooking Class with Naomi Pomeroy. 'ULU, $50
1:00 p.m. – Interactive Cooking Class with Jonathan Waxman. 'ULU, $50
3:00 p.m. – Wine Class with Roberto Viernes. 'ULU, $50
6:00 p.m. – Chef Fest Reception & Beach Cookout (Hugh Acheson, Seamus Mullen, Robert Gerstenecker and Massimo Falsini.) Kumukea Beach, $140 with wine
11:30 a.m. – Interactive Cooking Class with Hugh Acheson, 'ULU, $50 3:00 p.m. – Blind Wine Tasting and Class with Roberto Viernes. 'ULU, $75
6:00 p.m. – Chef Fest Reception, Gala Dinner & After-Party featuring all chefs. 'ULU, $180 with wine
Guests are invited to book the Taste of Chef Fest package:
- Five-night package: available between October 25 – November 3, 2015, includes luxurious accommodations in Ocean View and above room categories; and a Resort Credit of $750, which guests may apply towards any of the Chef Fest events throughout the week.
This year's sponsors include Terlato Wines and United Airlines. More information on Chef Fest can be found at www.foodandwinehualalai.com. For reservations, please call toll-free (888) 340-5662, contact your travel professional (chain code FS) or visit the Resort online.
Video - http://youtu.be/Eeq-rFIVcx8
SOURCE Four Seasons Resort Hualalai