DIXON, Calif., Sept. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Freedom Motors, developer of the Rotapower® rotary engine, has launched an equity crowdfunding campaign on StartEngine. It offers investors the chance to support a company poised to not only revolutionize personal travel on the ground and in the air, but the air itself by mitigating the global warming effect of man-made biogas.
To invest or learn more, please visit www.startengine.com/freedom-motors
The Rotapower® engine has the potential to be a superior source of power for many applications. There are three emerging powerplant needs, where there is no meaningful competition.
- Personal Air Vehicles (PAVs) often called "flying cars" require a powerplant that produces a very high power for its weight. This need increases even further if the PAV is to operate from a city curb near the commuter's home or business. The Rotapower® engine fills that role by producing a record over three horsepower for every pound of engine weight. As a result, PAVs like the Skycar (Google it) can operate from a city curb rather than be forced to operate between city centers. By contrast, battery powered PAVs will be limited to short air taxi type flights at low speed within or near cities. This will not help commuters avoid hours sitting on saturated roadways.
- The Rotapower® engine is an ideal candidate to provide a solution to an emerging need in ground transportation. Many electric car companies are planning to add a range extender to some of their models to alleviate range anxiety syndrome (RAS). Freedom Motors can offer a shoe box size Rotapower® engine as an alternative to a large suitcase size piston engine.
- The Rotapower® engine can make a meaningful contribution to reducing global warming. Man-made biogas from landfills, waste water plants and animal manure are sources of contaminated biogas that have a large methane content. Because methane is 86 times more effective that CO2 at retaining heat, many earth scientists believe that methane should be of greater concern than CO2. In addition, biogas is often contaminated by hydrogen sulfide and silica. For reasons outlined in: https://www.freedom-motors.com/brochures/Using-the-rotapower-engine-to-reduce-atmospheric-methane-content-revised2.pdf the Rotapower® engine tolerates both of these contaminants and can use biogas as a fuel to generate electricity.
The Rotapower® engine evolved from our acquisition of the entire rotary engine assets of Outboard Marine Corporation (OMC), General Motors (GMC), and Infinite Engine Company (IEC), and after investing millions of dollars, and producing several patents, we have realized the following:
- Produces a record power to weight ratio of over 3.
- Achieves lower emissions than required by the California ULEV standards without the use of a catalytic converter.
- Documents a seal life of over 20,000 hours
- Utilizes any type of fuel, including contaminated biogas.
- Received an award from NASA for wear coating research applied to the rotary engine.
- Demonstrates the Rotapower® engine in a genset, jet ski, jet boat, hybrid car, ATV, motorscooter, weed-eater, and numerous manned and unmanned aircraft.
SOURCE Freedom Motors