WINNIPEG, Manitoba, Dec. 30, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Popular Macintosh publisher and developer, Freshcode, today announced the release of Bodega 1.3, an update to its renowned Mac software discovery and download application. The Bodega 1.3 update addresses various bugs and other reported issues, as well as provides across-the-board feature and performance enhancements.
Freshcode's Bodega for the Mac provides convenient, intuitive 'corner store' access to the latest and hottest apps for the Macintosh directly from the Mac desktop. Bodega dramatically assists users with the process of Macintosh application discovery; version update maintenance for nearly all applications installed on a user's hard drive; application downloading, installation, and purchasing; and so much more, all from a gorgeous, intuitive interface that integrates seamlessly into the user's workflow. The Bodega application is free of charge and is an essential complement to any Mac system.
For Mac developers, Bodega serves as a perfect addition to their channel and product sales strategies by providing regular, consistent access to a large and growing customer base directly from Mac desktops around the world. Developers who wish to include their Mac products in Bodega enjoy the following key benefits:
- No API usage restrictions within applications.
- No vetting or approval process for applications submitted to Bodega. So long as applications are not blatantly or obviously offensive, and contain no illegal content or information, they're welcome in Bodega.
- No developer program costs or charges.
- Complete access to sales and customer information for each product sale occurring through Bodega.
- Access to a variety of high-impact advertising, marketing, and co-marketing programs designed especially to increase product sales, as well as help developers build brand and product awareness.
- No restrictions on how developers issue product upgrades or updates. Moreover, at each launch, Bodega automatically checks for updates of all Sparkle- endowed applications on the user's hard drive, not just those available through Bodega. If updates are available, Bodega conveniently assists the user with download and installation.
- For inclusion in Bodega, developers need not have specialized versions of their applications that meet stringent submission guidelines and requirements.
- Since developers have no need to build and maintain a separate, hybrid version of their applications to be included in Bodega, there is no risk of cannibalizing sales of those products in the rest of the sales channel.
- For each sale of their product that takes place through Bodega, developers only pay 7% of the sale price to Freshcode, which is far below the industry standard of 30% and above. The developer keeps 93% of every sale of their product occurring through Bodega.
Developers interested in more information regarding the services and benefits provided through Bodega, as well as submitting their application for inclusion in Bodega, visit www.appbodega.com/bodegabenefits/.
"For Mac users, Bodega is a true innovation in electronic Mac software discovery and acquisition," said Freshcode CEO Christian Dandeneau. "In addition to easily discovering and buying Mac applications directly from the convenience of their desktop, Bodega provides a wealth of great features to help users get the absolute most from their Macintosh and the Mac applications they use." Dandeneau went on to say, "And Bodega provides a fantastic opportunity for Mac developers. With Bodega, they can easily reach a 100% active and qualified customer base in an intuitive, innovative manner, and use Bodega to effectively market and sell their products. Best of all, Bodega is extremely affordable for all developers, regardless of their size."
Compatibility and Availability
Bodega requires Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or greater. The Bodega 1.3 update is free to all Bodega users and available via Bodega's "Check for Updates" feature. For complete information on Bodega and to download the full version free of charge, visit www.appbodega.com. Bodega is currently available in English only.
Hailing from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Freshcode is a premier development shop for all things Mac, iPhone and iPad. Freshcode is committed to providing the highest quality engineering services at the best possible prices, and passionate about creating gorgeous interfaces that provide a truly engaging, visually rich experience. When it's all combined, Freshcode provides beautiful, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences that customers love. For more information on Freshcode, visit www.madefresh.ca.