NEW YORK, Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP announced today that six lawyers have been elected to the Firm's partnership, effective September 1, 2011. The Firm has offices in New York, Washington, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
The new partners are:
- Amy L. Blackman (Employee Benefits & Plans, Executive Compensation & Exempt Corporations – New York) advises clients regarding the disclosure, design and implementation of executive and director compensation packages and plans, advises in employee-benefits matters related to merger and acquisition agreements and also specializes in advising tax-exempt organizations. She joined Fried Frank in 2003. Ms. Blackman received her JD, magna cum laude, from Brooklyn Law School in 2003, her MA from New York University in 1995, and her BA, cum laude, from Butler University in 1992. She is admitted to the bar in New York.
- Abigail Pickering Bomba (M&A/Private Equity Transactions – New York) represents private equity firms as well as public and private companies in merger and acquisition transactions. She also advises clients in connection with corporate governance issues, defensive strategy, securities laws compliance and other general corporate matters, and frequently represents investment banking firms who are serving in a financial advisory role. She joined Fried Frank in 2003. Ms. Bomba received her JD, cum laude, from Rutgers School of Law, Newark in 2003, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif. She received her BA from Lafayette College in 1998. She is admitted to the bar in New York and New Jersey.
- Laura Brunnen (M&A/Private Equity Transactions – London) maintains a broad corporate practice encompassing UK and cross-border merger and acquisition transactions, with particular experience in public market deals, private equity transactions, joint ventures and private acquisitions and disposals. She joined Fried Frank in 2009. Ms. Brunnen received her LPC, with distinction, in 2000, and her CPE, with distinction, in 1999, from The College of Law. She received her BA (Hons) from Jesus College, University of Cambridge in 1998. She is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Joshua T. Coleman (Capital Markets – Hong Kong) represents issuers and underwriters in high-yield debt offerings, acquisition financings, equity offerings and related capital market and private equity transactions. He also advises clients on a variety of securities law and corporate governance matters. He joined Fried Frank in 2003. Mr. Coleman received his JD, cum laude, from New York Law School in 2003, and his BA from Franklin & Marshall College in 1998. He is admitted to the bar in New York.
- Brian S. Lichter (Real Estate – New York) concentrates on real estate acquisitions, dispositions, financings, joint ventures and commercial leasing. He joined Fried Frank in 2002. Mr. Lichter received his JD from New York University School of Law in 2002, and his BA from Emory University in 1998. He is admitted to the bar in New York and California.
- Viktor Okasmaa (Finance – New York) represents investment banks, corporations, private equity sponsors and mezzanine funds in connection with a wide variety of financing transactions. He has significant experience in acquisition and mezzanine financings, leveraged buyouts, asset-based and debtor-in-possession financings, as well as debt restructuring transactions. He joined Fried Frank in 2006. Mr. Okasmaa received his LLM from Cornell Law School in 2003, and his Maitrise en Droit des Affaires (Juris Doctor equivalent) from University of Paris II: Pantheon-Assas in 2002. He is admitted to the bar in New York.
In a joint statement, Valerie Ford Jacob, Fried Frank's Chairperson, and Justin T. Spendlove, the Firm's Senior Executive Partner, said: "We are proud to welcome these outstanding lawyers to the Firm's partnership. They will play an integral role in the continued success and growth of the Firm in the years to come."
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP is a leading international law firm with offices in the world's principal financial centers. The Firm's more than 500 lawyers regularly serve the world's leading corporations, financial institutions and investment firms with regard to their most critical legal needs and business opportunities. More information about Fried Frank can be found at www.friedfrank.com.
SOURCE Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP