LOS ANGELES, June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- First-time visits to the Chilean Fjords and Puerto Chacabuco, plus nearly 100 Crystal Adventures ashore highlight Crystal Serenity's brand new itinerary around the tip of South America next winter. Sailing from Lima to Buenos Aires for the first time February 2, 2013, the Crystal World Cruise segment takes guests on an immersive, 24-day journey to some of the most awe-inspiring and culturally exciting sites in the Southern Hemisphere, including the breathtaking Seno Eyre Fjords, the dramatic landscapes and wildlife of Patagonia, the sprawling hillsides of Valparaíso (translation: "Paradise Valley") – even the birthplace of the tango.
Daring, over-the-top adventures include:
- a rare visit to Earth's last great wilderness, Antarctica, with a guided trek on King George Island and zodiac ride to view penguins in their natural habitat;
- flying over the mysterious Nazca Lines, ancient geoglyph figures in the desert floor that can only be seen from above; and
- an overnight option to Perito Moreno Glacier, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Rugged expeditions offer:
- exploration of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego by horseback;
- hiking to the mouth of the magnificent Iguazu Falls;
- kayaking through the Strait of Magellan; and
- pitching in at a working Uruguayan ranch.
Cultural and culinary experiences range from:
- exploring vineyards and tasting wines to visiting beachfront communities of the "jet set;"
- perusing local markets and taking cooking lessons with local cuisine experts to browsing the art and homes of renowned Latin American artists such as poet Pablo Neruda; and
- tracing the footsteps of Argentina's famed "Evita" to dancing the night away at a Buenos Aires nightclub.
As part of Crystal's 2013 World Cruise, the voyage features expanded enrichment programming and courses in wellness, language and music. The line's exclusive Ocean Views series will present expert lecturers discussing the day's hot topics.
Until June 30, all-inclusive Book Now fares for the "Southern Fjord Exploration" start at $12,760/person, and can be combined with other World Cruise segments for greater savings. 2013's complete 74-day Grand South American Exploration sails round-trip from Miami starting January 16, with a Book Now starting price of $26,970/person, double occupancy.
Crystal Cruises' passion for creating unique luxury experiences both on land and at sea have helped earn the company top ratings from international travelers for two decades.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Mimi Weisband or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, [email protected]
VISIT: Crystal's Media Center
SOURCE Crystal Cruises