NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- With 15 percent of Americans planning to purchase a digital assistant device this holiday season (up from six percent last year, according to research by the CTA), it's safe to say that many people will be welcoming a digital addition to their family this year. That means that many children will be introduced to a new connected buddy who they can talk to and ask questions of. At CES 2018 in January, three conferences presented by Living in Digital Times will offer insight and discussion around how technology is playing a role in our lives from pregnancy and birth through childhood and family life.
The BabyTech Summit is a two-day conference that will look at how parents are using technology for everything from tracking fertility and pregnancy to monitoring newborn babies' vitals. The panel sessions, which will take place on the Living in Digital Times Stage sponsored by UnitedHealthcare, will feature speakers from Project Nursery, Tyto Care, Mimo Baby, Owlet and Dao Health. The BabyTech Summit will take place on Tuesday, January 9 and Wednesday, January 10 in the Sands Expo, Level 2, Hall C, Booth 44030.
Day One will conclude with the annual Best of BabyTech Awards ceremony at 3:30 p.m., co-hosted by Good Housekeeping Editor-in-Chief Jane Francisco, which recognizes the best and most innovative fertility, pregnancy and baby tech items.
Visit the Baby Tech Marketplace during all four days of CES 2018 at Tech West, Sands, Level 2, Halls A-D.
View the full conference agenda here.
The [email protected] Summit/FamilyTech Summit will take place on Wednesday, January 10. The day will kick off at 8:45 a.m. when special guest Sophia Hanson, a sophisticated AI robot created by Hanson Robotics, will address attendees about the human side of technology and how it affects kids and families.
"Whether you like it or not, technology is playing a huge role in how families interact with each other, and how kids are seeing the world as they grow up," said Robin Raskin, President and Founder, Living in Digital Times. "It's time to talk more about how we can use emerging tech to create closer family bonds, provide engaging educational experiences for kids, and ensure safer interactions with technology for everyone."
At the [email protected]/Family Tech Summit you'll hear from the hottest tech companies with commentary from educators, analysts and researchers. Highlights include:
- A discussion on putting real play into high tech toys like AR, VR and drones with experts from the Toy Industry Association, Mattel and PBS.
- Jeremy Kenisky, VP, Creative at MERGE, talks about creating the future of play through kid-friendly VR and AR experiences.
- A look at how technology is shaping STEM education with speakers from Code.org, Pai Technology, American Specialty Toy Retailing Association and Circuit Scribe.
- Connor Regan, Program Lead of Be Internet Awesome at Google, explains how they are helping kids learn how to make smart decisions online.
- Facebook Product Management Director Loren Cheng explains the development process behind Facebook Messenger Kids.
- Get a glimpse into the future of learning with the experts from EdTech Times, Botley by Learning Resources, Root Robotics, Kolibree and Beyond Screen Limited.
- Asi Burak, CEO of Power Play, makes the case for how video games can save the world!
- An informative look at what a smart home is and how families can implement smart home technologies to save money and gain peace of mind about home safety.
- Shira Lee Katz, Content Strategy Manager - Kids, Teens, & Family at Netflix, discusses how the company is using data to deepen engagement from young viewers.
To see the best innovative kids' and family products in action, visit the Kids & Technology Marketplace and Family & Technology Marketplace during all four days of CES 2018 at Tech West, Sands, Level 2, Halls A-D.
For the ninth year, the summit will culminate with a celebration of the best of kids' media and technology at the [email protected] Interactive Awards (KAPis). Winners will be honored at a special awards presentation and cocktail reception at 5:30 PM, Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at Tech West (Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4405).
To attend the KAPi Awards contact [email protected]
View the full conference agenda here.
About Living in Digital Times
Founded by veteran technology journalist Robin Raskin, Living in Digital Times brings together the most knowledgeable leaders and the latest innovations impacting both technology and lifestyle. It helps companies identify and act on emerging trends, create compelling company narratives, and do better business through strong network connections. Living in Digital Times produces technology conferences, exhibits and events at CES and other locations throughout the year by lifestyle verticals. Core brands include Digital Health Summit, Digital Money Forum, FitnessTech, Baby Tech, [email protected], Family Tech Summit, FamilyTech TV, Beauty Tech, Wearables and FashionWare runway show, Last Gadget Standing and the KAPi Awards. The company also works with various foundations and manages the Young Innovators to Watch awards recognizing student STEAM innovations. For more information, visit www.LivinginDigitalTimes.com and keep up with our latest news on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
CES® is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years-the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™, it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
LKPR, Inc. for Living in Digital Times
646-484-4577, 603-494-3295 (mobile)
SOURCE Living in Digital Times