SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on its recent analysis of the global network security forensics industry, Frost & Sullivan recognizes NIKSUN with the 2017 Global Enabling Technology Leadership Award. This honor was bestowed after rigorous research that rated NIKSUN at an industry-leading 9.7 out of 10. NIKSUN's highly innovative network security platform combines real-time Big Data analytics, forensics-based cyber security, and service and application performance monitoring in a single solution, instantly setting itself apart from competing cyber security platforms. The parallel processing made possible by NIKSUN's solution accelerates the analytics engine while also reducing the need for additional machinery. This platform treats data collecting, indexing, and storing as a continuous event, helps users investigate anomalies in network performance, and identifies potential security incidents.
"NIKSUN's products perform full packet capture and simultaneously generate metadata to provide full and actionable visibility into a user's network without manually parsing through streams of traffic data," said Frost & Sullivan Senior Industry Analyst Christopher Kissel. "As its platforms store and index extracted data, metadata content, and alarms/events in the same NIKSUN Knowledge Warehouse, it eliminates the need for an extra aggregation layer and easily achieves high line-rates and extensibility within platforms."
One of NIKSUN's frontline products, the NikOS Everest platform, offers a large selection of out-of-the-box dashboard reports and provides users with the ability to create, customize, and share their reports. The platform employs context-sensitive hot links to quickly move users to other dashboards, which are automatically updated as new traffic is captured. For network security forensics, NIKSUN has solutions that scale from 100 megabits per second (Mbps) to more than 100 gigabits per second (Gbps) with lossless packet handling. A full suite of NIKSUN's solutions has been tested to handle 10 terabits per second (Tbps) of data and 50 petabytes (PB) of storage, but its actual capacity is much greater.
The following are some of NIKSUN's outstanding offerings:
- NetDetector Suite offers both real-time and in-depth retrospective analysis of all cyber security incidents. It is the only security monitoring solution that integrates signature-based IDS functionality with statistical anomaly detection, analytics and deep forensics with full-application reconstruction, and packet level decodes.
- NetVCR Suite is the world's first full-function appliance for advanced real-time network, service, and application performance monitoring that provides zero-loss capture. NIKSUN's NetMobility is also available for monitoring 3G, 4G, and LTE networks.
- NetTradeWatch is an end-to-end solution that enables financial performance monitoring from market data inputs to real-time execution, with the ability to zoom in on packet-level details of interest. It presents analysis of all infrastructure traffic and gives actionable insight on data loss, latency, abnormal traffic volumes, and more.
- NetOmni provides a top-down holistic view of all of NIKSUN's appliances, regardless of physical or network spans. It can also pull all traffic from both physical and virtual networks together to eliminate blind-spots.
- Supreme Eagle is a blade-like cluster and grid computing supercomputer platform that provides zero-loss full packet capture at rates exceeding 100 Gbps. It has a six-server footprint, whereas comparable server functions use a 30-server array.
NIKSUN facilitates data analysis by presenting an array of features:
- HTML5 interface: NIKSUN's products use a Web-based HTML5 browser, which makes it accessible from any smart device. The search function is rapid, particularly because the data is placed in the NIKSUN Knowledge Warehouse (NKW) for quick retrieval instead of on a data collection layer.
- Full fidelity session replay: NetDetector Suite has Quick Mode and Full Mode session reconstruction options and can reconstruct a domain name system (DNS) of events, malware, and attachments to investigate DNS spoofing or DNS denial of service (DoS) attacks.
- Better visibility: All of NIKSUN's products use a dynamic application recognition (DAR) plug-in framework, optimized for fast processing and securing of large amounts of data.
- Comprehensive metadata fields: NIKSUN's Knowledge Warehouse has drop-down menus for pulling out relevant packet flows on-demand.
"NIKSUN has a significant presence in government agencies and is the chosen provider of full packet capture for the US Department of Defense (DoD) and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)," noted Kissel. "The company has demonstrated the long-term viability and impact of its technology by the sheer number of applications that it can support and richly deserves the honor from Frost & Sullivan."
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to a company that has developed a pioneering technology that enhances current products and enables the development of newer products and applications. The award recognizes the high market acceptance potential of the recipient's technology.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
NIKSUN is the recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known. The company develops a highly scalable array of real-time and forensics-based cyber security and network performance management solutions for government and intelligence agencies, service providers, financial services companies, and large enterprises such as retailers and manufacturers. NIKSUN's award-winning appliances deliver unprecedented flexibility and packet capture power. The company's patented real-time analysis and recording technology is the industry's most comprehensive solution for secure and reliable network infrastructure and services. NIKSUN, headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, has sales offices and distributors throughout the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific.
NIKSUN, NetDetector, NetDetectorLive, NetVCR, NetOmni, Supreme Eagle and other NIKSUN marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of NIKSUN, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. For more information, including a complete list of NIKSUN marks, visit NIKSUN's website at www.niksun.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, collaborates with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, Frost & Sullivan has been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector, and the investment community. Contact us: Start the discussion.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/frost--sullivan-applauds-niksuns-highly-efficient-network-security-platform-that-offers-complete-actionable-visibility-into-a-network-300503830.html
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan