WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced the launch of a four-part Initial Public Offering (IPO) webinar series. In this series, leading market experts will provide an interactive discussion on IPO best practices and the challenges, opportunities and market trends facing companies considering and preparing for an IPO.
The first webinar in the series, entitled Is an IPO Right for You?, will be held on Aug. 30, 2012, from 2 p.m.-3 p.m. EDT and will explore the following:
- Judging the current IPO landscape and considering how market conditions influence IPO success
- Evaluating your options and the pros and cons of going public
- Building your IPO business case and assessing how to ensure you're both operationally and strategically ready for an IPO
- Determining the merits of early preparation to position your company for IPO success
Produced in partnership with Corporate Secretary, IR Magazine and Securities Docket, each webinar will focus on a specific stage of the IPO process — from appraising an IPO as an exit strategy to operating as a newly formed public company. All webinars will incorporate real-life case studies and address the impact of a different set of rules, regulations and financial market conditions.
Featured speakers include market and regulatory experts, such as:
- Bryan Armstrong, Managing Director, Strategic Communications, FTI Consulting
- Nathan Elwell, Managing Director, Strategic Communications, FTI Consulting
- Jay Frankl, Senior Managing Director, Forensic and Litigation Consulting, FTI Consulting
- Elliot Fuhr, Senior Managing Director, Corporate Finance, FTI Consulting
- John Huber, Senior Managing Director, Forensic and Litigation Consulting, FTI Consulting and former Director and Deputy Director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Corporate Finance
- Elizabeth Saunders, Americas Chairman, Strategic Communications, FTI Consulting
- Neil Stewart, Editor-at-large, IR Magazine
- Joel Trotter, Partner, Latham & Watkins and principal co-author of the IPO-related provisions of the JOBS Act of 2012
- Glenn W. Tyranski, Senior Vice President, Financial Compliance, NYSE Regulation, Inc.
- Sherrie Weldon, Senior Managing Director, Strategic Communications, FTI Consulting
All webinars are complimentary and are aimed at business executives or advisors of organizations that are exploring their exit strategies and are considering an IPO.
Additional dates and topics in the webinar series include:
- Sept. 19 (12 p.m. EDT): Part 2 — Pre-IPO: Event Readiness
- Oct. 10 (2 p.m. EDT): Part 3 — The S-1 Filing
- Nov. 7 (2 p.m. EST): Part 4 — Post-IPO: Life as a Public Company
To register for the webinars and for more information, please visit www.fticonsulting.com/2012ipowebinarseries
Participation in the live webinars qualifies for one CPE credit. Field of Study: Finance.*
*Please note that CPE credit can be given only to individuals who remain logged into the LIVE webinar and respond to the polling questions provided during the webinar. Please be aware that this is a NASBA (not FTI Consulting) requirement. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits are granted based on a 50‐minute hour.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 3,800 employees located in 24 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. The company generated $1.56 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2011. More information can be found at www.fticonsulting.com.
About Our Partners:
Now in its 10th year, Corporate Secretary is the leading publication for governance, risk, compliance and ethics professionals. Corporate Secretary's monthly print magazines and weekly e-newsletters meet the needs of corporate secretaries, general counsel and governance professionals by reporting the relevant news and offering analysis of and comment on topical issues. In-depth feature articles on regulatory and other developments offer practical solutions to tricky problems.
IR Magazine is the only global publication focused on the interface between companies and their investors. IRMagazine helps investor relations (IR) professionals achieve more in their IR programs, benchmark their efforts and connect to the global IR community through multiple platforms — online, monthly magazines, weekly newsletters, research reports and studies such as the Investor Perception Study and the Global IR Practice Report.IR Magazine also hosts events such as awards and think tanks around the world.
Securities Docket, the Global Securities Litigation and Enforcement Report, is the industry's most comprehensive and timely source of news, commentary and professional webcasts. Continuously updated throughout the day, Securities Docket is the only publication that delivers important news and developments concerning securities class actions, enforcement and white-collar matters as they occur — not days or weeks later. Lawyers, institutional investors, executives, accountants, consultants and professionals throughout the securities litigation industry rely on Securities Docket as their one-stop way to quickly and easily stay informed.
SOURCE FTI Consulting