SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today introduced one of the world's smallest document scanners, the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1100, designed with many of the same advanced functionality and productivity features of its larger, award-winning ScanSnap predecessors. The new ultra-portable scanner, weighing just over 12 ounces and featuring a new sleek style, easily fits into a briefcase or purse and digitizes your documents anywhere, and at any time – whether at home, in the office, at a cafe or traveling around the world. Fujitsu will give live product demonstrations of its new ScanSnap S1100 at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (booth: 35861 South Hall Upper Level), January 6-9 in Las Vegas.
The ScanSnap S1100, designed for use with a PC or Mac, utilizes its innovative paper path system and fast front-side color scanning functionality to quickly scan anything from contracts and long receipts to business cards and plastic IDs. For complete flexibility and productivity at home or on the go, the ScanSnap S1100 is powered by a single USB cable, converts scanned data into searchable PDF files and even allows you to quickly transform your paperwork into editable Word and Excel files. Additionally, the ScanSnap S1100 enables you to scan documents directly to Evernote® and Google Docs™ cloud services, making your paperwork and photos easy to store, share and access from just about anywhere.
"Since the launch of the first ScanSnap in 2003 we have not only consistently expanded its features for both consumers and small office professionals, but have also broadened the product lineup to include desktop, personal and now a true mobile scanning solution," said Scott Francis, vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "Simply put, the ScanSnap S1100 takes many of the most popular and powerful features of its larger predecessors and gives users the flexibility and tools they need to be more efficient and paperless anywhere, and at anytime."
Advanced Features to Make Scanning On-the-Go Easy!
The ScanSnap S1100 incorporates many of the powerful, advanced, easy-to-use features of its larger ScanSnap predecessors, such as the ScanSnap S1500(M) and the ScanSnap S1300, and packs them into a compact, mobile form factor, giving users even more flexibility to be productive, efficient and paperless wherever they go. Key features of the ScanSnap S1100 include:
- The Smallest and Lightest ScanSnap in the World: With an ultra-compact footprint measuring a mere 10.74 x 1.87 x 1.33 inches and weighing only 12.3 ounces, the ScanSnap S1100 is the perfect solution for digitizing your paper world anywhere, and at anytime.
- Fast Scanning Speeds: With the push of a button, ScanSnap S1100 can scan a letter-size sheet of paper in an astounding 7.5 seconds (300dpi, color).
- Cloud Services Support: The ScanSnap S1100 enables you to scan documents directly to Evernote and Google Docs cloud services, making your paperwork and photos easy to store, share and access from just about anywhere.
- Continuous Document Feeding (CDF): Utilizing the scanner's Continuous Document Feeding (CDF) function, users are able to scan multiple-page documents into PDF by simply pushing the "Scan" button and inserting each page into the scanner. After scanning is complete, users simply push the "Scan" button again to end the scanning task and convert the data into a PDF.
- Switchable Paper Paths: With an adjustable two way paper path, ScanSnap S1100 is able to support a wider range of documents such as plastic cards, IDs and thick stock (through the strait paper path), normal paper, as well as long forms up to 34 inches (through the "L-shaped" paper path).
- Intelligent Document Processing: For convenient automated scanning, ScanSnap S1100 selects the page size and page orientation while adjusting the resolution accordingly, and will recognize a document as color, black & white or grayscale.
- Mark Text Function: To quickly and easily search and find documents, users can utilize a standard highlighter pen on a black & white document to automatically create searchable keywords of the highlighted text, such as an invoice number or last name.
Powerful Software for the Paperless Lifestyle
ScanSnap S1100 comes with software for PC and software for Mac so consumers who use both can optimize their ScanSnap for either platform with ease, making the scanner even more mobile and efficient. In-box software includes:
- Scan to Word and Excel: ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™ allows users to be productive by quickly transforming their paperwork with machine print into editable Word and Excel files.
- Efficient Business Card Scanning: PC users can capture a business card, extract the information automatically and export it to Outlook, Excel, Act! and other contact management software. While Mac users can conveniently scan their business cards and export the contact information directly to Address Book or Entourage.
- Scan-to Functions: The ScanSnap S1100 offers users a flexible way to manage PDF, searchable PDF and JPEG files, providing users with an easy way to scan to a folder, a network folder, attach scans to an email, and send scans to a printer.
- ScanSnap Manager: Provides PC and Mac users one button searchable PDF creation, access to intelligent features and custom scan settings (profiles) for simple operation with sophisticated results.
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu Service Advantage
The Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner comes standard with a 1-year depot limited warranty. Additionally, the Advance Exchange™ service offering, the Fujitsu overnight replacement program, provides the customer a replacement scanner prior to shipment of any malfunctioned scanner back to Fujitsu. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit http://www.ImagingService.com.
Additional Supporting Resources
For more information about the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1100, visit:
- ScanSnap S1100 Product Page: http://scanners.fcpa.fujitsu.com/scansnap11/s1100.html
- ScanSnap Community: http://scansnapcommunity.com/
- Follow @ScanSnapIT on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScanSnapIT
- Become a fan of ScanSnap on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ScanSnap
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. We provide cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2011 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.