SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today introduced the Fujitsu ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner designed to simplify document collaboration for all types of organizations, including small and midsize businesses (SMBs), groups within an enterprise and across the front office to the back office. The latest network scanner added to the award-winning line of Fujitsu ScanSnap scanning solutions offers new tools to make digitizing documents simple and specialized training unnecessary, enhanced security features to combat the threat of data compromise, and added flexibility to easily create customizable interface screens for a consistent user experience. Fujitsu will be giving hands-on demonstrations of the ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner at the Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition (Booth #5750) in Orlando, Feb. 22-24, 2011.
The Fujitsu ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner seamlessly integrates within a company's existing network infrastructure allowing users to easily scan and share information on the network to streamline business operations, reduce operating costs, and enhance work processes. Furthermore, over the past few years, the adoption of network scanners has gained tremendous momentum by helping organizations decrease the complex nature of scanning without compromising access to important document scanning functionality. Key features of the ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner include:
- Fast Scanning Speeds: 20 pages per minute (ppm) and true double-sided scanning speeds at 200 or 300 dots per inch (dpi) in black & white, grayscale or color mode enables for quick digitizing of documents and helps to improve Optical Character Recognition (OCR) accuracy without compromise.
- Ease of Use: The ScanSnap N1800 is equipped with a new Interactive Help feature for quick and easy installation as well as operation. Additionally, the new Installation Wizard provides a simple way to install the network scanner by providing step-by-step configuration screens to get the scanner operating quickly.
- Customized User Experience: Utilizing its "Job Button" feature, unique menus and buttons based on user login can be easily created for frequently used functions by users, including setting multiple fixed destinations with pre-determined scanner settings.
- Large Touch-Screen Display: With its 8.4" XGA touch-screen display and a high resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels, users can easily preview scanned images in outstanding image detail before sending them to the desired destination. In addition, users can zoom, pan and rotate scanned images, delete pages or scan more pages to a batch by adding more pages to the 50 page automatic document feeder.
- Scan-to Functions for General Office Use: The ScanSnap N1800 offers users easy access to valuable business functions traditionally found on multiple devices through one common interface, including scan to e-mail, scan to folder, scan to network fax or network printer, scan to FTP, and scan to Microsoft SharePoint.
- Network Scanner User Editor for Local Scanner Accounts: The Network Scanner User Editor is a new software utility which allows for the creation of e-mail lists as well as user accounts either offline or directly on the ScanSnap N1800. Scanner operators can manage e-mail groups, lists and addresses with ease.
- Improved Security & Compliance: Adding to an already feature-rich network scanner security platform such as support for Secure Protocols (SSL) and Encryption, the ScanSnap N1800 incorporates several new security-specific features such as Secure Initialize and Install Certificates to offer organizations additional measures to assist with compliance and regulatory issues, as well as ensure data security.
"We're seeing many companies in paper intensive vertical markets such as healthcare, government, banking and education embrace network scanning to help them improve their business process management and efficiency and reduce their overall workplace costs," said Therasa Bell, chief architect of the distributed clinical scanning module, Inofile, and President at Osmosyz, Inc. "Organizations are realizing that deploying a network scanning strategy is quite simple and the learning curve to quickly scan and share documents across the entire organization is minimal. We consistently receive feedback from our customers that have transitioned to a network scanner, that the fast scanning speeds, compact size and ease of use has allowed them to streamline their document capture workflow. Fujitsu's innovative network scanners provide a perfect delivery vehicle for our Inofile solutions in healthcare and document management and the ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner will delight our customers."
"It's been exciting to see the rapid adoption of network scanning over the past few years," said Scott Francis, vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "From general users to network administrators and business managers to essentially an entire organization, businesses in a wide variety of markets are benefiting from network scanning enhancing their work processes. We've worked closely with our customers to incorporate new features and functionalities into the ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner and look forward to building on the momentum we have sustained since we launched our first network scanner."
More Innovative Features of the Fujitsu ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner
With the ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner Central Admin Server, network administrators can control their entire fleet of ScanSnap network scanners, including the ScanSnap fi-6010N and the N1800, via one administration console. It's easy to push software updates to remote scanners to keep devices current, and administrators can track device status and consumable counts from anywhere to maintain optimal performance. Additional features include:
- Intelligent Document Processing: Loaded with a full suite of automatic scanning features, the ScanSnap N1800 automatically detects the page size and page orientation, will automatically recognize a document as color or black & white and automatically deletes blank pages. All of these intelligent scanning features including automatic deskew and cropping of the scanned image, which are enabled by default, affords users the ability to create perfect images the first time scanned without rescanning, right out of the box.
- Compact Design: The network scanner's small footprint (11.8" W x 8.9" D x 6.8" H) allows for convenient placement in any front office or back office environment.
- Quiet Operation: Low operational noise, standby and sleep mode make the ScanSnap N1800 ideal for both small business and enterprise environments.
- Scanning Versatility: Long document scanning support (up to 120 inches) and mixed document handling of pages of different sizes and colors are all included as standard features on the ScanSnap N1800.
ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner Software Development
The Fujitsu ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner also offers developers an optional ScanSnap N1800 Software Developer Kit (SDK) Bundle, which allows software developers to create connectivity and customize the Network Scanner interface screens to the exact business need. For added business productivity, many optional third-party applications have already been developed which extend additional functionality of the ScanSnap N1800 to connect to Enterprise Content Management (ECM) repositories, Line of Business (LOB) applications or other third party systems. More information is available at the ScanSnap Network Scanner Marketplace: http://scansnapcommunity.com/iscanner-partners
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner is available through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Cranel Imaging, Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, Inc., and Tech Data Corporation. The suggested retail price of the ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner is $1,895 (U.S. list). The ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner with SDK development bundle is $3,395 (U.S. list).
Service Options for the Fujitsu ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner
The Fujitsu ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner comes standard with a 1-year depot limited warranty. Fujitsu also offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of service programs in the document imaging industry which are now available for the Fujitsu ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner. These programs include a Basic on-site service option which includes spare parts, labor and travel, or the Advance Exchange™ service offering, the Fujitsu overnight replacement program providing customers a replacement scanner prior to shipment of any malfunctioned scanner back to Fujitsu. Whatever the need, the Fujitsu services suite has a program to meet nearly any budget. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit http://www.ImagingService.com.
Additional Supporting Resources
For more information about the Fujitsu ScanSnap N1800 Network Scanner, visit:
- ScanSnap N1800 Product Page: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/scansnap/n1800.html
- ScanSnap Community: http://scansnapcommunity.com
- Follow @ScanSnap on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScanSnap
- Become a fan of ScanSnap on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ScanSnap
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. We provide cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2011 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
SOURCE Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.