NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, a leading information communication technology company, today introduced several new solutions for retailers to enable faster and easier transactions, omni-channel integration, mobile and order management capabilities and an improved customer experience. The new solutions are being showcased at the Fujitsu booth (#3217) at the National Retail Federation (NRF) BIG Show on January 11-13, 2015 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
"Today's world of hyper-connected retail requires technology solutions that enable a seamless, secure consumer shopping experience across all channels, be they in-store, online or mobile," said Marc Janssens, executive vice president, Retail and Platform Products, Fujitsu America, Inc. "Fujitsu continues to develop and deploy the latest innovations and enhancements for a fully integrated retail solution that meets the demands of the new empowered shopper."
Fujitsu is demonstrating its end-to-end portfolio of retail solutions, including point-of-sale and self-checkout solutions, retail software, biometric scanning technology and its social clienteling offering. New solutions on display at the Fujitsu booth at NRF include:
- Fujitsu Retail Suite 4.4 (FRS 4.4): FRS 4.4 delivers omni-channel integration of store systems, offering retailers a single, comprehensive view of inventory and the ability to sell merchandise from alternate locations when it is unavailable in-store. It connects point-of-sale, order management and ERP solutions for real-time updates on inventory count and location that can be leveraged to make a sale. The upgrade expands support for tablets with an enhanced user interface that is more user-friendly and mobile-centric. Mobile devices and fixed point-of-sale solutions run Fujitsu GlobalSTORE® software on the same application and interface, enabling an easy transition for store employees, while at the same time delivering significant cost savings for the retailer.
- FUJITSU U-Scan® Genesis® II Self-Checkout: FUJITSU U-Scan Genesis II self-checkout features a new sleek and elegant form factor with faster, more reliable and more energy efficient components. It has new and improved high speed cash handling components with options for upgrading to six coin recycling and the Fujitsu G60 bill recycler with four denomination, 100-note capacity recycling cassettes. U-Scan Genesis II includes the latest TeamPOS® 7000 F-Series controller standard with Intel® Core™ i3 processor and Microsoft® Windows® POS Ready 7 support, all fully integrated with the latest Fujitsu U-Scan version 5.0 software. Other new enhancements include standard support for the Honeywell 2700 scanner, high-bright LED touch display, consumer guidance LED light bars and repositioned internal receipt printer and bill dispenser for improved performance, reliability and ease of operation for employees and consumers.
- Fujitsu TeamPoS® 7000 S-Series modular controller: The TeamPoS 7000 S-Series modular-PC form factor is simple and cost-effective to order, install, manage – especially at scale – and to run in even the most constrained of point of sale (PoS), kiosk or self-checkout environments. The future-proof design incorporates Intel 4th generation processors from Celeron® processors to Intel®i5 vPro™ processors as well as the latest Active Management Technology to further reduce cost of ownership and help to increase availability.
- Fujitsu TeamPoS® 7000 All-in-One (AIO): The Fujitsu TeamPoS 7000 AIO terminal is an interactive and flexible state-of-the-art PoS terminal with a sleek and ultra-modern design. The single product platform supports multiple in-store touch points, reducing installation and service costs and providing fast, easy customer transactions for the ultimate interactive retail shopping experience. The terminal incorporates the Intel® 4th generation Intel®Core™ i5, i3, Celeron®, and Atom™ processors with hardware-assisted Active Management Technology as well as energy efficiencies to optimize return on investment and total cost of ownership.
- Fujitsu D75P 15" Capacitive Touchscreen Display: The D75P is a bright touch-enabled LCD display that complements the TeamPoS 7000 range of PoS systems. It can be used with any PoS controller or Fujitsu U-Scan self-checkout solution to provide a stylish and robust operator or customer display, offering expanded promotional capabilities as well as improved customer service and satisfaction. The D75P provides the newest capacitive 10-point multi-touch technology with gesturing support, enabling a seamless shopping experience and a growth path for future operating systems and applications.
- Fujitsu Retail Mobile Solution: Fujitsu Retail Mobile Solution provides a complete mobile platform for retail that enables use of PoS peripherals when the tablet device is docked and use as a mobile PoS and payment terminal when undocked. It offers a complete suite of support and maintenance services and a new portfolio of ruggedized tablet devices with long battery life, smart-back facility for card payment, and a range of peripherals including docking and multi-charger stations. The devices enable mobile-relevant applications and services for click 'n' collect, clienteling, loyalty, in-store support and store-associate tasking.
- Fujitsu Omni-Channel Analytics: Fujitsu Omni-Channel Analytics provides "out of the box" predictive analytics for omni-channel retail. The solution addresses the massive volumes of data created from sources including social media, video, text and real-time presence sensing, enabling retailers to move from reactive to predictive selling and operational management. Fujitsu WiFi analytics enables store operators to sense the presence of customers, predict their buying behaviors and prompt sales associates to engage and fulfill customer shopping desires in real-time. It can also be employed to map customer and associate movement in the store to improve inventory management, visual merchandising, loss prevention and sales productivity.
As a leading provider of retail technology solutions, Fujitsu has worked with retailers across the globe for three decades to provide a premier customer experience and drive business efficiencies that increase sales, operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Their portfolio of retail solutions, combined with a legacy of innovation and industry performance benchmarks, have made it possible for retailers to stay ahead of the competition and industry advancements to expand their market share.
Fujitsu also is providing a live, interactive demo experience of its U-Scan Genesis II Self-Checkout and OnCue Beverage Kiosk with its Fujitsu Wine and Cheese Challenge in the Fujitsu booth (#3217) at the NRF BIG Show. Prizes will be awarded to participants who most quickly make wine and cheese pairings with OnCue and checkout with U-Scan Genesis II.
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US $46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu America, Inc. is a leading ICT solutions provider for organizations in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. GlobalSTORE is a trademark or registered trademark of Fujitsu America, Inc. in the United States and other countries. TeamPOS, U-Scan, and U-Scan Genesis are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Frontech North America Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.