LONDON, June 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
Announcing the 20 fastest-growing, most innovative startups transforming the future of learning and work
Europe's largest summit on the future of learning and work, EdTechXEurope, announced the winners of its sixth annual EdTechXGlobal All Stars startup awards on the 19th of June at the Brewery in London.
Winners of the EdTechXGlobal All Stars Growth Awards are FutureLearn, Lobster Ink and Yixue Education and winners of the EdTechXGlobal All Stars Rise Award are Kognity, Preface Education and Talmix. New for 2018, the 850+ decision maker attendees at the EdTechXEurope summit also voted for the 'Audience Favourite' startup, which was Yousician.
EdTechXGlobal All Stars Growth Awards
The EdTechXGlobal All Stars Growth Awards included those education and training companies who have shown the most revenue growth momentum over the last three years. The winners of this category include:
- FutureLearn - Based in the UK, leading social learning platform that uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible online courses and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives
- Lobster Ink - Switzerland-based, proprietary learning methodology combines the best of cognitive understanding, video techniques and behavioural science to deliver practical training on skills, knowledge and behaviour
- Yixue Education - From China, A company focused on adaptive learning, Yixue has developed an AI-enabled system to divide knowledge into small tailor-made chunks, so students can focus on their weaknesses instead of wasting time on what they have already mastered
EdTechXGlobal All Stars Rise Awards
The EdTechXGlobal All Stars Rise Awards featured companies who demonstrated the most significant innovation in the past year. The three winners are:
- Kognity - Started in Sweden, Kognity leverages technology, content, and its intersection, to become the global market leader in providing post-textbook learning resources
- Preface Education - Based in Hong Kong, a fast-growing international EdTech company focused on the global language and skills training sectors
- Talmix - UK-based consultant resourcing platform which allows global corporates, consulting and private equity firms access the right talent on demand for project work or interim support.
EdTechXGlobal All Stars Awards - Audience Favourite
New for 2018, during the 'Elevator to the Future' pitch session during the EdTechXEurope, the 20 finalists were each invited to pitch for 30 seconds. The 850+ summit attendees then voted on their favourite which was:
- Yousician - Finland-based interactive music service to learn, play and create music that serves 60+ million music learners from around the globe
These seven distinguished winners are also part of the 20 finalists across both EdTechXGlobal Growth and Rise Awards categories - honouring a selection of the most innovative, fastest growing start-ups.
The 20 EdTechXGlobal Awards 2018 finalists include: FutureLearn (UK), Lobster Ink (Switzerland), Yixue Education (China), Talmix (UK), Kognity (Sweden), Ducere (Australia), Learnlight (UK), Magency (France), Sponge (UK), Fullstack (USA), Chart Learning Solutions (Sweden), Yousician (Finland), Accredible (USA), 123 sonography (Austria), Sanalabs (Sweden), BoomWriter Media (USA), Compass Inc (Japan), Kokoa Standard (Finland), Leap to Know (South Africa) and Preface Education (Hong Kong).
"Participation for this year's awards was the highest yet with 182 applications from 30 countries showcasing the best and brightest companies in the global learning industry. The winners were chosen for innovation, market impact and growth potential of their start-up. We were impressed by all entries and how they highlight the impressive work being done by entrepreneurs transforming education at a global scale," shared Benjamin Vedrenne-Cloquet, Co-founder of EdTechXGlobal.
The EdTechXGlobal All Stars Awards is determined by a global panel of judges, evaluating various factors including revenue growth, scale, innovation and market impact. For each category, the awards showcase the top three start-ups across segmentation, geography and industry trends.
The six winners received prizes to enable the continued growth of their companies from the partners of the EdTechXGlobal All Stars awards, including Amazon Web Services EdStart, boutique technology-focused law firm Kemp Little; specialist investment and corporate advisory group IBIS Capital.
The awards took place during the annual EdTechXEurope summit, where 850+ thought leaders from 50+ countries joined more than 135 speakers to explore the ideas, innovations and technologies enabling a future where we are all 'Eternally Learning'.
For full details of the EdTechXGlobal All Stars Awards competition and the event visit: http://ecosystem.edtechxeurope.com/2018-edtech-startup-award-winners.
EdTechXGlobal connects the global learning community through insight, investment and annual thought leadership event series, EdTechXEurope in London, EdTechXAfrica in South Africa and new location for 2018, EdTechXAsia in Beijing. The EdTechXGlobal summits bring together executive level investors, innovators, and industry influencers from worldwide education technology companies.
Now in its sixth year, EdTechXEurope 2018 was held at the Brewery in London, UK on 19 June, hosting 850+ global attendees and over 135 global speakers discussing the 2018 theme, 'Eternally Learning'. The EdTechXEurope summit is a key event within the wider London EdTech Week, from 18 - 25 June, featuring 40+ global and local event hosts and welcoming 6000+ attendees to London. EdTechXGlobal will also organise the first edition of the EdTechXAfrica summit at CTICC in Cape Town South Africa on the 11th September featuring 350+ local and global leaders. New for 2018, EdTechXGlobal will relocate the EdTechXAsia summit to Beijing China on the 14 - 16 November in collaboration with the GET Summit powered by JMDedu.