PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla., March 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- G4S Corporate Risk Services announces that it offers All-Hazards Security Risk Assessments, Emergency Plans, Training, and Drills to help healthcare organizations comply with the CMS Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers.
The rule affects 17 types of providers and suppliers eligible for participation in Medicare. If these providers and suppliers don't comply with the rule by Nov. 15, 2017, they risk losing their Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements from CMS. The CMS Final Rule requires compliance and implementation of regulations that include Security Risk Assessments, Active Shooter Risk, Mass Casualty Communication Solutions, Training and Drills to address Local Terrorism Risk and Workplace Violence.
G4S has put together a comprehensive solution that includes:
- All-Hazards Security Risk Assessments specifically designed to meet Final Rule requirements and produce recommendations that can be incorporated into emergency plans as well as policies and procedures
- Communications review and recommendations for meeting CMS mass casualty notification standards
- Policies and Procedures review to ensure compliance with the Final Rule
- Annual Emergency Preparedness Training for the entire staff conducted in dynamic classroom-style setting
- Emergency Drills — both tabletop and live action — incorporating active shooter, natural disaster, terrorism and workplace-violence scenarios
G4S Corporate Risk Services offers experienced, qualified experts who are knowledgeable of all the latest healthcare-industry compliance requirements, including the new CMS Final Rule, as well as the Joint Commission Environment of Care and the new Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 3148 standard on violence in the healthcare industry.
"G4S is proud to be able to deliver these compliance-based, cutting edge security risk assessments that specifically meet the CMS Final Rule Emergency Preparedness compliance requirements, and have been developed to ensure that healthcare organizations will be able to demonstrate compliance with the new CMS Rule," said Robert Dodge, Executive Vice President of G4S Corporate Risk Services.
G4S is the leading global, integrated security company, specializing in the provision of security services and solutions to customers. Our mission is to create material, sustainable value for our customers and shareholders by being the supply partner of choice in all our markets.
G4S is quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S is active in around 100 countries and has 585,000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit http://www.g4s.us/corporate-risk.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/g4s-helps-healthcare-organizations-meet-critical-deadline-300429240.html