SAN JOSE, Calif., March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GainSpan® Corporation is showcasing its global low power Wi-Fi leadership with demonstrations of innovations in Wi-Fi connectivity for the Internet of Things and device connectivity to the cloud at DESIGN West, March 26-29, 2012, in San Jose, CA. The demonstrations will take place in the Symmetry Electronics booth #2006 and around the show floor.
As business and consumers demand better connectivity in all kinds of devices, GainSpan continues to redefine the Wi-Fi experience with solutions that make it possible to be connected anytime, anyplace, with anything and anyone. In addition to the demonstrations of emerging technologies, GainSpan will show a variety of products that feature its low power Wi-Fi connectivity solutions.
GainSpan Product Exhibits, Technology Demonstrations and More:
- In the Symmetry Electronics booth (#2006)
- Wi-Fi-enabled, device connectivity to the cloud – GainSpan is partnering with cloud-based energy efficiency services provider People Power to enable advancements in cloud connectivity. A temperature and light sensor board, using Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet, will then be remotely monitored and controlled from a smartphone connected wirelessly to the cloud via 3G.
- Small footprint GS1011MIPS and high-performance GS1500M – Highlighting the capabilities of its latest Wi-Fi modules, GainSpan will show its new 19.4mm x 29.7mm full-featured and self-contained GS1011MIPS as well as its GS1500M 802.11 b/g/n modules. Designed for the Internet of Things, the modules let designers easily add Wi-Fi connectivity to any 8-32-bit microcontrollers – through a serial interface and using AT commands.
- Smart Home and Energy Solutions – GainSpan will show a next-generation smart door lock and a smart power strip. Demonstrations will include a Wi-Fi enabled door lock be locked, unlocked and monitored and a smart strip being turned on/off – both from an iPhone.
- Drawing for Giveaway – GainSpan will be giving away a Wi-Fi remote control car that can be "driven" with a smartphone. To be eligible to win the car, visitors should drop off their business cards at the booth. A winner will be announced the last day of the show.
- In the Renesas Electronics booth (#1507)
- Connecting Renesas MCUs to the cloud – With cloud connectivity solutions provider Exosite, Renesas will demonstrate wireless connectivity to the cloud based on Renesas' RL78 development kits and GainSpan Wi-Fi Solution. The jointly developed solution will show how quick and easy it is to build connected products that can be monitored and controlled.
- Local Connectivity for Renesas MCUs – Highlighting the Limited AP capabilities of GainSpan technology, this demonstration will show RL78 RDK sensors being monitored and controlled by an iPhone or iPad.
- Theater Presentation – A presentation entitled "Low Power Wi-Fi -- Enabling Embedded Devices Internet Connectivity" will be given by GainSpan Vice President of Marketing, Bernard Aboussouan, at 2:30 pm on Tuesday, March 27.
- In the Freescale Semiconductor booth (#1607)
- Wi-Fi enablement for the Freescale Tower System – The demonstration will showcase an embedded system prototyped using a Freescale Tower System comprised of a graphical user interface (GUI), touch and environmental sensors, and a TWR-WIFI-GS1500M Wi-Fi peripheral module, highlighting how easy it is to add Wi-Fi connectivity to embedded designs.
About GainSpan Corporation
GainSpan is the leading semiconductor solutions company in low power Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi connectivity for the Internet of Things. Its easy-to-use system-on-chip (SoC), modules and software let customers leverage the large installed base of Wi-Fi access points and smartphones to create connected products for healthcare, smart energy and control/monitoring in industrial, commercial and residential markets. The solutions feature an ultra-low power SoC that consumes a few uA of standby current and goes from standby to active mode in a few ms. www.gainspan.com.
Carol Felton, Communications/PR
T | 408-807-3780
SOURCE GainSpan Corporation