HAMBURG, Germany, March 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
On March 25, the GALA SPA AWARDS will be awarded for the 21st time. This year the award will once again honor the best luxury hotels, most beautiful spa locations, most innovative beauty products and the most unusual treatments. Only first-class care products and hotels that meet the award's promise of being "sanus per aquam - healthy through water" and provide impressive, innovative solutions reach the final stages. Thanks to these quality standards, the GALA SPA AWARDS are one of the most important international beauty and spa commendations.
Over the past few months, companies, hotels, and spas from more than 36 countries have taken their chance to apply for this special commendation. The nominees have now been confirmed. The ten-person expert judging panel, including Judith Rakers and Armin Morbach, as well as GALA editor-in-chief Anne Meyer-Minnemann, presents the nominees for the eight award categories of the GALA SPA AWARDS 2017 in the current issue of GALA magazine (issue 10/17, available in the market from today). As in past years, the quality of the applications has been outstanding. With more than 260 entries, the number of product submissions was higher than ever.
In the "Luxury Concepts" category, the following products made the final selection:
- Guerlain - Orchidée Impériale Black The Cream
- La Mer - The Serum Essence
- La Prairie - Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold
Nominees in the "Innovation Concepts" category include:
- Juvena - Skinsation Set
- Sisley - Sisleÿa l'Intégral Anti-Âge
- Vichy - Slow Age
The following concepts were nominated in the "Cult Concepts" category:
- Babor - Babor Adventskalender
- Caudalie - Eau de Beauté by Jason Wu
- Freiöl - Pflegeöl
The "Men Concepts" category comprises the following products:
- Biotherm Homme - Force Supreme Life Essence
- Clinique for Men - 2 in 1 Skin Hydrator + Beard Conditioner
- Pharmos Natur - Pharmos Natur for Men (Body & Power Lotion, Cleansing & Shaving Gel, Effect Serum)
Nominees in the "Organic Concepts" category include:
- Frühmesner - Vegane Kräuter Duschen (vegan herbal shower gel)
- Santaverde - Age Protect Fluid & Serum
- Weleda - Nachtkerze Festigendes Aufbau-Konzentrat (evening primrose consolidating concentrate)
The nominees in the "Treatment Concepts" category are:
- Babor - Micro Peeler & Sonic
- Dorissima - Siddhartha Hamam Ritual Signature Treatment
- Omorovicza - Gold Spa Treatment
This year's nominees in the "Luxury Hotel City/Resort" category are:
- Bio- und Wellnessresort Stanglwirt, Austria
- Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa Retreat & Cultural Hideaway, Germany
- Wald- & Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe, Germany
Nominees with a chance to win the prize in the "Innovative Spa Concepts" category are:
- Me Sense Spa at the Alpine Resort Schwarz, Austria
- Rogner Bad Blumau, Austria
- Six Senses Douro Valley, Portugal
The winners of the GALA SPA AWARDS 2017 will be honored at a glamorous award ceremony at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa in Baden-Baden on March 25. The winners in the categories "Beauty Idol" and "Special Prize" will only be announced on the evening of the award ceremony.
Features that distinguish the "Beauty Idol" as a spa personality are an attractive appearance, vitality, a positive attitude and a health-conscious lifestyle that corresponds to the spa concept. Previous award winners include Naomi Campbell, Karolina Kurkova, Alek Wek, Julie Delpy, Joseph Fiennes, Ornella Muti and Iris Berben. With the annual "Special Prize", the judging panel honors people who have realized, added to and promoted the spa concept in an outstanding and professional manner. Previous award winners include Prof. Michael Braungart, Johan Ernst Nilson, Philippe Cousteau and Benny Adrion, among others.
GALA magazine awards the GALA SPA AWARDS together with co-initiator Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa as well as event partners BMW, Fabletics, La Biosthétique, Pommery, Shiseido and UND Gretel. Designer Guido Maria Kretschmer will host the evening.
More information about the nominees can be found in the current GALA issue (10/17, available at newsstands from today) and at http://spa-awards.gala.de/
About the GALA SPA AWARDS
The GALA SPA AWARDS is one of the most important international beauty and spa awards. Only first-class care products and hotels/locations that meet the holistic requirements of the GALA SPA AWARDS are honored. The judging panel comprises the following members: medical aesthetics physicians Dr. Barbara Sturm and Dr. Susanne Steinkraus, stress management and time-out coach Susanne Preiss, television presenter Judith Rakers, dermatologist and cosmetic science professor Dr. Martina Kerscher, CEO of Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa Frank Marrenbach, stylist and publisher Armin Morbach, GALA editor-in-chief Anne Meyer-Minnemann, head of the GALA beauty department Frie Kicherer, and GALA beauty editor Ariane Häusler.
PR / Communication
Gruner + Jahr GmbH & Co KG
SOURCE Gruner+Jahr, GALA