MODESTO, Calif., May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- America's affinity for Moscato continues to make headlines as its light, aromatic style brings more and more people into wine. The excitement around this wine varietal led Gallo Family Vineyards to establish May 9th as National Moscato Day as a way to capture these important wine conversations and toast the varietal that has everyone talking. This year marks the second annual celebration with a national Twitter party as the marquee event connecting Moscato drinkers across the country.
America's enthusiasm for Moscato continues to rise with the varietal's sales up more than 25% in 20121. Last year, Gallo Family Vineyards, a category leader2, dedicated a day to honor the delicious, fruitful wine by engaging fans in a fun and educational conversation on Moscato. This year, the family-owned winery aims to bring people together around the topic of entertaining with wine.
"The legacy of my grandfather and great uncle, Ernest and Julio Gallo, is the importance of making quality and affordable wines that Americans want to enjoy during life's everyday moments," said Stephanie Gallo, Vice President of Marketing at E&J Gallo Winery and third generation Gallo family member. "For nearly 80 years we have been joining Americans at the table, so it's exciting to see a particular wine style draw so many new people into the wine category. National Moscato Day was established to celebrate these newcomers and wine enthusiasts alike."
This Thursday, Gallo Family Vineyards (@GalloFamily) will be hosting the second annual National Moscato Day Twitter Party from 9:00pm to 10:00pm EDT. Throughout the party, participants will have the opportunity to share and gather hosting tips, food pairing suggestions and wine facts by joining the conversation using the hashtag #MoscatoDay on Twitter.
To lead the charge, Gallo Family Vineyards enlisted entertaining expert Robyn Moreno to provide easy entertaining tips guaranteed to make anyone's National Moscato Day party a hit.
"Throwing a wine-themed party is a great way to spend time with your friends and families, and you don't need much to make it a success," says Moreno. "Here are ways to get started:
- Mix It Up: Gallo Family Vineyards offers three delicious types of Moscato – White, Red, and Pink. If you want people to get talking about the wine, try setting up different stations around the room. Feature tasting notes if you really want to get the conversation going.
- Not Your Ordinary Cheese Tray: Moscato pairs perfectly with cheese, such as Brie, Camembert, aged Parmesan and Pecorino Romano. Style up your cheese plate by making a slit in a wine cork and sliding in a card labeling the cheeses. The display is an easy and elegant way to let your guests know what they are eating.
- Spice Not Stress: Moscato and spicy food are the perfect combination and serving Paella is a clever, chic way to feed a crowd. Plus, since this flavorful rice-based dish can be made with almost anything - grilled meats, seafood, or veggies – everyone will be able to enjoy it and you won't be tasked with making multiple meals.
- Decorating Couldn't Be Easier: Create clever centerpieces from pretty items in your home. A beautiful tray can become a blossoming centerpiece when decorated with fresh fruit and a birdcage can become a glided candleholder with a pillar placed inside.
- Don't Let The Party End: To enjoy another night of great wine, pour the remaining Moscato into ice trays that you can use later in sparkling water for a updated take on a "white wine spritzer!"
To learn more about Gallo Family Vineyards, please visit www.GalloFamily.com
1 © Symphony IRI, Total 2011 Year End January 2013, Total Food/Drug
2 Volume growth of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato exceeded all other brands at its price point. © Symphony IRI, Total 2011 Year End December 2013, Total Food/Drug
About Gallo Family Vineyards:
Gallo Family Vineyards has been family owned and operated for 80 years, and the Gallo Family stands behind the quality of every bottle with our Best Taste Promise. Our family of wines (suggested retail price of $4.99 for 750-ml bottles, $8.99 for 1.5-liter bottles, $5.99 for 187-mL four-pack) includes sixteen fruit forward, approachable styles at an affordable price: Moscato, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pink Moscato, Red Moscato, White Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, White Merlot, Sweet Red, Hearty Burgundy, Sweet Chardonnay, Cafe Zinfandel, and Sangria. For more information visit www.gallofamily.com or call 1-877-425-5696.
California, Australia, Argentina and Spain Table Wine.
©2013 Gallo Family Vineyards, Modesto, CA. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Gallo Family Vineyards