PARIS, July 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Today, Gameloft, a leading publisher of digital and social games, released its sales figures for the first half ended June 30, 2015.
"Strong game service sales combined with the launch of nine new games have allowed Gameloft's revenues to grow by 15% in the first six months of 2015. The advances made by the company in terms of monetization are progressively paying off," stated Michel Guillemot, CEO of Gameloft. "We will strive to stay the course in the coming quarters by delivering high-quality and successful mobile games on a regular basis and by continuing to expand our existing games services."
Selected Financial Highlights and Metrics
- H1 2015 sales reached €127.4 million, up 15% year on year, and up 6% on a constant-exchange-rate basis.
- EMEA accounted for 30% of H1 2015 sales; North America, 27%; APAC, 28%; and LATAM, 15%.
- Q2 sales reached €61.9 million, up 12% year on year, and up 3% on a constant-exchange-rate basis.
- Monthly active users averaged 163 million in Q2 2015.
- Daily active users averaged 19 million in Q2 2015.
Selected Product Highlights
- Gameloft was the worldwide #1 company on iOS and Google Play combined by downloads according to App Annie's H1 2015 index for games.
- Gameloft released, as anticipated, nine new titles in the first half of 2015: Dragon Mania Legends®, Puzzle Pets, Immortal Odyssey, Age of Sparta, Dungeon Hunter™ 5, Battle Odyssey™, Ice Age® Avalanche, Magna Memoria® and Siegefall.
- Dragon Mania Legends, Dungeon Hunter 5 and Siegefall are currently among the company's best-selling titles.
Financial and Business Outlook
Gameloft expects to release between eight and ten new titles by the end of 2015. Gameloft has also set up its own in-house digital ad agency whose sales have increased significantly in the second quarter of 2015 and are in line with the company's expectations.
"Gameloft has a massive audience, strong brands, solid recurring revenues, growth opportunities ahead and a healthy financial situation. We therefore continue to look to the future with confidence," added Michel Guillemot.
The Group's first half results will be published on September 9, 2015, after the market closes.
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including feature phones, smartphones, tablets (including Apple® iOS, Android® and Windows® devices) , set-top boxes and connected TVs. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,200 developers.
Gameloft is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris (NYSE Euronext: GFT.PA, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA). Gameloft's sponsored Level 1 ADR (ticker: GLOFY) is traded OTC in the US.