PARIS, January 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Gameloft, a leading digital and social game developer, releases its sales figures for the twelve months ended December 31, 2015.
"The company's growth momentum has remained satisfying during the fourth quarter of 2015. Sustained by the good performance of our game services and the regular releases of new titles, Gameloft's annual sales figures have climbed 13% in 2015. It's a solid performance that highlights the excellent work of our teams and the quality of our franchises in a maturing and highly competitive environment," states Michel Guillemot, CEO of Gameloft. "We are also maintaining a steady pace in the diversification of the company's revenue demonstrated by the opening of a distribution subsidiary in Nigeria, the rapid development of our advertising agency Gameloft Advertising Solutions and the partnerships signed with AppNexus and SpotX in the field of programmatics. Gameloft has a massive audience, strong brands, solid recurring revenues, growth opportunities ahead and a healthy financial situation. We therefore continue to look to the future with confidence," concludes Michel Guillemot.
Selected Financial Highlights and Metrics
- Sales reached €256.2 million 2015, up 13% year on year, and up 6% on a constant-exchange-rate basis.
- EMEA accounted for 30% of sales for 2015; North America, 25%; APAC, 30%; and LATAM, 15%.
- Fourth-quarter sales reached €65.4 million, up 9% year on year, and up 5% on a constant-exchange-rate basis.
- Monthly active users averaged 147 million for the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Daily active users averaged 19 million for the fourth quarter of 2015.
Selected Product Highlights
- In 2015, Gameloft was ranked the #2 game developer in the world on iOS and Google Play by the combined number of games downloaded, according to the rankings from App Annie.
- Gameloft's own franchises and brands accounted for almost two thirds of full-year sales.
- Gameloft released 16 new titles in 2015: Dragon Mania Legends®, Puzzle Pets, Immortal Odyssey™, Age of Sparta™, Dungeon Hunter 5, Battle Odyssey™, Ice Age® Avalanche, Magna Memoria®, Siegefall®, March of Empires™, Order & Chaos 2: Redemption™, CSI: Slots™, TRIVIAL PURSUIT & Friends®, Country Friends, Sniper Fury™ and Gods of Rome®.
- Dragon Mania Legends, Dungeon Hunter 5, Gods of Rome, March of Empires, Sniper Fury and Order & Chaos 2: Redemption currently rank among the company's ten best-selling titles.
- Gameloft Advertising Solutions has recently concluded nine partnership agreements with programmatic platforms enabling the company to multiply its access to advertising trading desks.
- Gameloft Advertising Solutions successfully released over 800 advertising campaigns since its creation.
Financial and Business Outlook
Gameloft continued its ambitious cost optimization plan initiated in December 2014. All in all, the company closed 10 development studios from December 2014 to the end of January 2016, generating annualized gross savings of around €35.0M and enabling the worldwide workforce to decrease by more than 10%. These restructuring efforts benefited Gameloft's second-half current operating margins and should allow margins to bounce back significantly in 2016.
The company aims to accelerate the transition from the current business model to a model combining free-to-play and advertising. To do so, Gameloft has created an internal advertising agency and is connecting its inventory programmatically to the trading desks of major agencies and brands as highlighted by the partnerships signed with AppNexus and SpotX.
The Group's 2015 annual results will be published on March 21, 2016, after the market closes.
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 173 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,000 developers.
Gameloft is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris (NYSE Euronext: GFT.PA, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA). Gameloft's sponsored Level 1 ADR (ticker: GLOFY) is traded OTC in the US.
For more information, consult http://www.gameloft.com