PARIS, April 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Today, Gameloft, a leading publisher of digital and social games, released its sales figures for the first quarter ended March 31, 2015.
"Strong back catalogue sales combined with a robust line-up of new games has allowed Gameloft's revenues to bounce back significantly in the first quarter of 2015. The progress made by the company in terms of monetization and steady releases of new games is beginning to show result," stated Michel Guillemot, CEO of Gameloft. "We will strive to stay the course in the coming quarters by delivering on a regular basis high-quality and successful mobile games."
Selected Financial Highlights and Metrics
- Q1 2015 sales reached €65.6 million, up 17% year on year, and up 7% on a constant-exchange-rate basis. Quarter on quarter, Q1 2015 sales are up 9%.
- New games launched during the first three months of 2015 accounted for 10% of Q1 2015 sales.
- EMEA was 29% of Q1 2015 sales; North America, 29%; APAC, 26%; and LATAM, 15%.
- Monthly active users averaged 181 million in Q1 2015, up 7% QoQ.
- Daily active users averaged 23 million in Q1 2015, up 10% QoQ.
Selected Product Highlights
- Gameloft was the worldwide #1 publisher on iOS and Google Play combined by downloads according to App Annie's January and February index for games.
- Gameloft released, as anticipated, five new titles in the first quarter of 2015: Dragon Mania Legends®, Puzzle Pets, Immortal Odyssey, Age of Sparta and Dungeon Hunter™5.
- Dungeon Hunter 5 has become Gameloft's highest ever revenue-generating game at launch.
- Gameloft released Battle Odyssey in April 2015 and plans to launch three to four additional smartphone games by the end of the first half of 2015, including a new game based on Twentieth Century Fox's beloved Ice Age® franchise, Ice Age Avalanche.
Financial and Business Outlook
Gameloft is on track so far to release, as planned, around twenty new smartphone titles per year starting 2015. Additionally, the key performance indicators of recently released titles indicate a strong improvement in monetization compared with similar products launched in previous years. The company has also set up its own in-house digital ad agency and has started to successfully sell the inventory available in twenty-seven of its games.
"Gameloft has a massive audience, strong brands, solid recurring revenues, growth opportunities ahead and a healthy financial situation. We therefore continue to look to the future with confidence," added Michel Guillemot.
The Group's second quarter sales will be published on July 28, 2015, after the market closes.
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including feature phones, smartphones, tablets (including Apple® iOS, Android® and Windows® devices) , set-top boxes and connected TVs. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs over 5,200 developers.
Gameloft is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris (NYSE Euronext: GFT.PA, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA). Gameloft's sponsored Level 1 ADR (ticker: GLOFY) is traded OTC in the US.
For more information, consult http://www.gameloft.com.