Nov 21, 2014, 11:00 ET
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Future US, the international media group and leading digital business, today launches GamesRadar+, the most significant development ever of its global GamesRadar.com brand.
GamesRadar+ signifies the broadening of the popular gaming site as it launches three significant new channels – Movies, TV and Cool Stuff. It shows the start of an ambitious process to develop GamesRadar+ into one of the leading games and entertainment sites in the world. The development of these new channels echoes the progression of how traditional gaming consoles, such as the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, have become home entertainment devices.
The new Movie channel will be powered by Future's leading entertainment site Total Film, with SFX powering the TV channel, whilst the Cool Stuff channel will be a place for editors and readers alike to share relevant content from across the internet with like minded people in the GamesRadar+ community.
GamesRadar+ will now be a one-stop destination for audiences who love Games, Movies and TV. Additionally, GamesRadar+ will enable readers to view, share and comment on stories more easily and on a more mobile-friendly website.
Sophia Tong, Global Editor-in-Chief for GamesRadar+, says: "I'm excited to have the editors from the Total Film and SFX team join the GamesRadar family to power the new movie and TV channels with the launch of GamesRadar+. The team brings their extensive knowledge and expertise in an area that feels like a natural extension for the next phase of the website that gamers can enjoy."
"We've also launched a new channel called 'Cool Stuff', a place where all the editors and readers can share anything they're passionate about, such as toys, soundtracks, books, or board games. As a team, we will continue to produce the kind of content that entertains as well as informs."
Charlie Speight, Senior Vice President, Future US, adds: "Gaming has become the most powerful entertainment medium in history. Just as video games are now relevant to virtually everyone, gamers are interested in more than just video games. We are thrilled to be increasing our editorial investment on GamesRadar.com to include all forms of popular entertainment, creating more great content that delights and inspires our passionate community."
GamesRadar+ can be found at the existing URL www.GamesRadar.com.
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- Future has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating publications, apps, websites and events.
- Future holds market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Music, and the Creative sector.
- Future attracts more than 49 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sold more than 14 million magazines last year. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
- Videos created by Future had over 143 million views last year.
- Future, and its portfolio, reaches over 15 million people on social media.
- Future has over 200 licensing & syndication agreements in 89 countries worldwide, and exports over 55 titles.
- Follow Future plc on Twitter at www.twitter.com/futureplc and on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/future-publishing.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141121/160196LOGO
SOURCE Future US
Share this article