SAN FRANCISCO, January 29, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global gaming market size is anticipated to reach USD 171.96 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 6.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Technological advancements in gaming hardware and software are anticipated to accelerate market growth over the next eight years.
Gaming has emerged as one of the most lucrative industries in the entertainment sector, besides the music and film industries. Recent technological advancements, such as virtual reality and augmented reality, have been instrumental in opening up several avenues for market expansion.
The emergence of virtual reality (VR) headsets has significantly impacted the market owing to the immersive gaming experience they offer. Commercialization of VR headsets is on the rise and is increasingly prompting market players to generate VR content to capitalize on the opportunities created by this technology.
Substantial growth in the development of augmented reality (AR) and VR-related products, such as Head Mounted Displays (HMD) and Head-Up Displays (HUD), has remarkably enhanced gaming experience, making it more engaging. The emerging trend of game-based learning is anticipated to boost the adoption of video games in the academia vertical, as it not only helps in improving digital literacy but also facilitates skill development and cognitive growth.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Gaming Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Device (Console, Mobile, Computer), By Type (Online, Offline), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, LATAM, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at - https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gaming-industry
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The mobile segment is projected to gain momentum and exhibit a CAGR of 7.3% over the forecast period, owing to increasing smartphone penetration across the globe
- Use of tablet phones for improved viewing and playing experience is further expected to contribute to the growth of the mobile device segment
- The online segment is estimated to witness substantial growth over the next eight years, expanding at a CAGR of 8.6% from 2017 to 2025. This can be attributed to increasing broadband penetration and growing online betting, gambling, and social network gaming
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to gain traction, attaining a market size of USD 86.84 billion by 2025
- Emerging countries such as China, India, and South Korea are offering lucrative growth opportunities for market augmentation, which can be partly attributed to growing smartphone and Internet penetration in these countries
- Prominent players dominating the global gaming market include Tencent Holdings Limited, Nintendo Co., Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, and Sony Corporation
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Smart Thermostat Market - The global smart thermostat market was valued at USD 785.4 million in 2015, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.7% (in terms of revenue) from the year 2016 to 2022.
- Wearable Technology Market - The global wearable technology market size was valued at over USD 18 billion in 2014, owing to rapid adoption worldwide. Increasing consumer awareness and rising technically sound population is also anticipated to drive demand over the forecast period.
- Printed And Chipless RFID Market - The global printed and chipless RFID market size was estimated at over USD 2 billion in 2014. The increasing need among companies for supply chain visibility and inventory management is driving the industry demand.
- Commercial UAV Market - The global commercial UAV market size was valued at over USD 500 million in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 17% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global gaming market on the basis of device, type, and region:
- Gaming Device Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- Gaming Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- Gaming Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Read Our Blog: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/technology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.