MONROEVILLE, Pa., April 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Gander Mountain, the nation's largest and fastest-growing outdoor specialty retailer, is celebrating its new store in Monroeville with a four-day grand opening celebration starting this Thursday, April 28, featuring live music, celebrity appearances, giveaways and family activities for the community.
As part of the grand opening of this 80,000-square-foot building at 4680 Old William Penn Highway in the Monroeville Plaza shopping center, the first 1,000 guests through the door each day from Thursday, April 28, through Sunday, May 1, will receive a free scratch-off card for great prizes and Gander Mountain gear. Every card is a winner, with prizes ranging from gift cards valued up to $100, discounts up to 50 percent off, to shirts, hats and more. Guests may also register for a chance to win a $500 Gander Mountain gift card.
Events and appearances will occur from Thursday, April 28, until Sunday, May 1, and include:
- Official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Thursday at 9:45 a.m.; doors open at 10 a.m.
- Live performance by country music artist and HeadHunters TV co-host Nate Hosie at 9 a.m. before doors open on Thursday. Hosie will do a meet-and-greet the same day from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Professional football player Sammie Coates will be at the store on Thursday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. signing autographs. Passes to meet Coates will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 10 a.m.
- Travis 'T-Bone' Turner, co-host of Michael Waddell's Bone Collector on the Outdoor Channel, will sign autographs Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to noon.
- Troy Landry, Star of History's Swamp People, will sign autographs on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
- Professional football player Cam Heyward will be at the store on Saturday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. signing autographs, passes to meet Heyward will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 8 a.m.
- Pro-staffer Scott Callen from Sunline and Big Bite Baits will offer tips and tricks on Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Free line winding during the Berkley Trilene Happy Hour on Thursday and Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The first 100 kids can paint their own fishing lure at Berkley's Paint-A-Lure event Thursday and Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- The first 75 kids each day can Build-A-Call and learn to use it with the help of Buck Gardner Calls on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 2 p.m.
- Kids can also learn to cast at the Casting Event, sponsored by Shakespeare, on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
A full schedule of events and appearances is available at GanderMountain.com/GrandOpenings.
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company, headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., is the nation's largest and fastest-growing retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a "We Live Outdoors®" culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. Gander Mountain has launched a national campaign encouraging responsible fi rearms ownership – take the Responsibility Pledge at www.GanderMountain.com and use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness. Gander Mountain has 163 conveniently located outdoor lifestyle stores in 27 states. For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com. Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton's (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet-based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gander-mountain-to-open-monroeville-location-with-big-celebration-300256981.html
SOURCE Gander Mountain Company