FERNDALE, Mich., May 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Garden Fresh Gourmet®, the No. 1 refrigerated salsa brand in the U.S. and maker of tortilla chips, hummus, dips and soups, introduces a suite of unique salsa and hummus combinations that meet consumer demand for more flavor variety. The new Garden Fresh Gourmet products include three salsa varieties with distinct texture and taste profiles, as well as two collections of hummus that include six flavorful, chef-inspired blends.
"As a brand founded in the kitchen of a Detroit BBQ restaurant, we not only look to deliver on what consumers want, but also leverage our culinary roots and draw inspiration from the local food scene," said Bill Lange, VP of Marketing, C-Fresh CPG. "We're seeing chefs and at-home cooks play with unexpected pairings and mash-ups, which inspired us to combine our award winning salsa flavors with hummus, as well as create a delicious, new trio of salsas."
According to Garden Fresh Gourmet's recent national consumer survey, Americans are split with 54% preferring a spicy salsa while 28% prefer savory, 12% sweet and 6% fruity. The divide continues with 67% of Americans on "team chunky" versus 34% on "team blended." i The three new Garden Fresh Gourmet salsas deliver on consumers' diverse salsa preferences, and include the following flavors:
- Restaurant Style Salsa (Mild, Medium, Hot) – a classic red salsa that combines traditional ingredients like tomatoes, onion and cilantro with varying amounts of jalapeno for three levels of heat; available in both organic and conventional
- Mango Salsa – a refreshing mix that combines chunks of sweet mango with red peppers and cilantro
- Salsa Verde Avocado – a hearty green salsa that blends chunks of avocado with a trifecta of peppers including tomatillo, poblano and jalapeno
Garden Fresh Gourmet is also releasing two new hummus lines, which include three salsa-inspired hummus that blend distinctively mild, medium and hot peppers with rich, creamy chickpeas; and a line of culinary bean hummus that pair different beans and lentils with specially-crafted toppings. The new varieties were inspired by consumers looking for unique, more flavorful hummus. The Garden Fresh Gourmet survey also revealed that 67% of Americans, including 78% of Millennials, like to mix things into their hummus; including vegetables, herbs and spicy condiments. The six new hummus varieties include:
- Poblano Corn Hummus – roasted poblanos, corn and fresh cilantro make up this robust Latin inspired hummus with a mild level of spice
- Chipotle Adobo Hummus – chipotle peppers blended with roasted red pepper and topped with corn and black beans give this hummus a Southwestern twist with a medium level of spice
- Roasted Habanero Hummus – a simple and straightforward habanero and roasted pepper hummus designed for the heat enthusiast
- Zesty Black Bean Hummus – a black bean hummus topped with corn, fire roasted peppers and a dash of chipotle for a subtle smoky note
- Tuscan White Bean Hummus – a creamy blend of white bean and basil with a bruschetta-style tomato topping
- Lentil Mocha Mole Hummus – coffee and cacao intertwined with lentils and topped with red chili flakes and a hazelnut sprinkle
In addition to the new suite of salsas and hummus, Garden Fresh Gourmet also unveiled a refreshed look this month. The updated website and packaging design embodies the fun and dynamic personality of Garden Fresh Gourmet, instilled by founders Jack and Annette Aronson, but creates greater consistency across the products and flavor varieties. It also reinforces the high-quality, artisanal ingredients used to deliver the bold, delicious taste fans know and love.
Garden Fresh Gourmet products are crafted in small batches with no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or colors. These salsas and hummus are available at select retailers with additional availability throughout the year. To view the new website, check product availability, and get recipe inspiration, visit www.GardenFreshGourmet.com.
ABOUT GARDEN FRESH GOURMET
Garden Fresh Gourmet, founded in 1998 by Jack and Annette Aronson and headquartered in Ferndale, Mich., is the No.1 refrigerated salsa brand in the U.S. and is also known for high-quality consumer products including premium refrigerated soups, salsas, stone-ground tortilla chips, hummus, and dips. Garden Fresh Gourmet uses high-quality and easily recognizable ingredients to craft products that feature familiar flavors with a culinary twist and sold at an affordable price. The Company was acquired by Campbell Soup Company on June 29, 2015. To learn more about the Company's story, mission and entire line of products, visit www.GardenFreshGourmet.com and join our community on Facebook at Facebook.com/GardenFreshGourmet, Twitter @GFsalsa, and Pinterest @GardenFreshGrmt.
Campbell Fresh │ Garden Fresh Gourmet
i The Garden Fresh Gourmet Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 1,000 nationally representative U.S. adults ages 18+ between March 27th and April 3rd, 2017, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. adult population 18 and older. Results of any sample are subject to sampling variation. The magnitude of the variation is measurable and is affected by the number of interviews and the level of the percentages expressing the results. For the interviews conducted in this particular study, the chances are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 3.1 percentage points from the result that would be obtained if interviews had been conducted with all persons in the universe represented by the sample.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/garden-fresh-gourmet-spices-things-up-with-new-chef-inspired-salsa-and-hummus-flavors-that-align-with-americans-dip-preferences-300454742.html
SOURCE Garden Fresh Gourmet