OCEANPORT, N.J., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) -- For the third consecutive year, CommVault has been positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant of Gartner Inc.'s "Magic Quadrant: Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software." According to Gartner, "The Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software presents the next step in the evolution of backup, which incorporates new products, solutions and techniques for protecting, backing up and recovering desktop, laptop, physical server and virtual server files, applications and system images. These backup products provide features such as traditional backup to tape, backup to conventional disk, backup to the cloud, data reduction (compression and deduplication), snapshot, heterogeneous replication, continuous data protection (CDP) and/or virtual tape library (VTL) support, among other capabilities."
CommVault is leading this evolution by delivering innovative solutions that go beyond the technology-based, IT-centric functions of backup, archive, replication, and snapshot management to address much broader business needs. With Simpana® 10, CommVault provides instant information access across all current and historical data created by an organization – from servers to laptops, in the data center and the cloud. Simpana 10 empowers workers with self-service access, compliance search, data mining and reporting – all from a single platform.
"Being recognized as a Leader by Gartner for three years running reinforces our commitment to delivering unique, innovative solutions for data and information management," said N. Robert Hammer, Chairman, President and CEO, CommVault. "We believe it also confirms that CommVault's singular platform approach is helping customers protect their data, provide simplified secure access to their data, reduce compliance risk and make it easier to transform data into valuable business information."
CommVault believes this designation reinforces our vision that the future of storage is moving toward unified data and information as enterprises adopt modern techniques to protect and recover their critical applications. Gartner states that the industry continues to undergo significant change as organizations embrace new technologies and techniques and show a propensity to augment or switch legacy vendors and backup techniques. According to the report, "between 2012 and 2016, one-third of organizations will change backup vendors due to frustration over cost, complexity and/or capability."
CommVault is dedicated to helping customers improve efficiency and reduce operational costs. With the recent debut of Simpana® 10, CommVault is continuing to innovate through the addition of more than 300 new features that combine to reduce risk, slash costs by up to half, reduce administrative overhead by up to 80 percent and lower aggregate support costs by up to 35 percent.
Gartner also states that "by 2016, at least 20 percent of large enterprises will abandon backup/recovery solutions using a traditional methodology and adopt those that employ only snapshot and replication techniques, up from less than 7 percent today."
CommVault anticipated this industry shift and, through its IntelliSnap® snapshot management technology, provides automated recovery of applications and virtual servers. Simpana 10 expands IntelliSnap management of snapshot, backup and replication by adding new integration and use cases to extend customers' existing investments and increase flexibility.
CommVault offers the industry's broadest support for integrating with and exploiting storage hardware platform replication and snapshots, directly supporting all the major storage arrays.
CommVault Simpana 10 Software Delivers an Exponential Leap Forward in Data and Information Management
- Simpana 10 efficiently stores all protected data in a virtual repository, called ContentStore, and opens access to simplify the way end users search, analyze and repurpose data across an enterprise.
- Simpana OnePass™ with Exchange makes long-term e-mail retention affordable and practical by converging backup, archiving and reporting into a single process. Simpana OnePass technology eliminates requirements for separate infrastructure with "zero footprint archiving," controls storage growth and can deliver 2 times faster e-mail and archive protection.
- Tighter integration with Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere 5.1 and vCloud Director 5.1 helps enterprises achieve cloud-scale through automated discovery, protection and recovery in virtualized environments
- Simpana 10 provides multiple enhancements that slash the cost and complexity of disaster recovery and reduce recovery time, from replicating deduplicated data copies to any storage target to using single-click recovery of backups into virtual machines.
- IT leaders and service providers can improve quality of service and easily deploy massively scalable, shared services, cloud computing and IT-as-a-service infrastructures. Compared to the previous software release, Simpana 10 reduces the time required to manage operations by up to 50 percent with new innovations including:
- Workflow automation reduces management and operator errors, providing drag-and-drop functionality that simplifies repeatable tasks and frees IT resources for more strategic initiatives
- Fourth-generation parallel deduplication doubles performance and scale through a new grid-based architecture
- Customizable web-based reporting, dashboards and cloud-based analytics provide insights to help administrators continuously optimize operations
- Simpana 10 boosts productivity by up to 50 percent with self-service access and enhancements that reduce retrieval time from hours to seconds including:
- End-users can access their personal data through a new web-based console and CommVault Edge™ mobile app for smartphones and tablets
- Administrators can access reporting and quickly manage tasks on the go using the new CommVault Monitor app
- Enhanced search engine integration across multiple content types provides faster, more granular role-based search capabilities
- 2013 Magic Quadrant: Backup/Recovery Software
- David West's Blog: Leaping Forward
- More About Simpana 10 Software
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements. The development and timing of any product release as well as any of its features or functionality remain at our sole discretion.
©1999-2013 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, CommVault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
 Gartner Inc., "Magic Quadrant: Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software," by Dave Russell, Pushan Rinnen, June 5, 2013