SAN FRANCISCO, May 19, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global gas pipeline infrastructure market size is expected to reach USD 3,228.3 billion by 2027, expanding at a revenue/volume based CAGR of 3.4% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising natural gas imports along with growing investments in infrastructure and network expansion are likely to strengthen the market demand.
The market is primarily driven by replacement of existing pipeline infrastructure owing to requirement for enhanced safety and emergency response planning. In addition, network expansion across several regions will further provide a major boost to the market growth. For instance, Gazprom invested RUB 5.9 billion on infrastructure expansion in the Sakhalin Region, constructing nine inter-settlement gas pipelines in between 2008-2018.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Gathering pipeline is the fastest growing segment, expanding at a revenue-based CAGR of 3.3% over the forecast period owing to the discovery of new reserves across several regions such as U.S. and China with gathering pipelines transporting gas from the production source to another facility for further refinement or transmission
- Distribution pipeline accumulated the largest revenue share in the operation segment with USD 1,693.78 billion in 2019 owing to growing demand for natural gas in end-use sectors including residential/ commercial segment, gas power plants, and industrial/ manufacturing facilities
- The transmission pipeline segment registered a revenue-based CAGR of 3.2% over the forecast period owing to rising gas pipeline imports and exports all across the world
- The metering station segment is anticipated to attain a significant value of USD 1,856.61 billion by 2027 owing to the requirement for accurate measurements in fiscal metering and custody transfer transactions
- Asia Pacific market is anticipated to witness fastest expansion with a revenue-based CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period. Rising natural gas consumption in the emerging economies and growing reliance on imports from other regions is positively influencing the market growth in Asia Pacific
- Some of the significant industry participants are Enbridge, Gazprom, TC Energy Corporation, Kinder Morgan, Pembina Pipeline Corporation, Saipem, Engas, Alliance Pipeline, National Oilwell Varco, ChelPipe, and Europipe GmBH.
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Gas Pipeline Infrastructure Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Operation (Gathering, Transmission, Distribution), By Application (Compressor, Metering), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gas-pipeline-infrastructure-market
Technological advancements including smart pipeline pigs, advanced control systems, remotely operated automatic valves, and penetration of IoT integrated devices are likely to enhance the industry outlook. However, increasing gap between demand and supply of skilled manpower is expected to lead to cost overrun and project delays, thereby hampering the market growth.
The companies follow cost-of-service approach to charge transportation tariff from shippers utilizing their assets to transport gas and other liquids. The tolls are designed to allow the industry participants recover capital and operating costs, service debts, and provide a return to its investors. Higher return on investment is expected to positively influence the market growth. Industry participants are further adopting several strategic initiatives to enhance their foothold over the market. For instance, in December 2019, Pembina Pipeline Corporation announced acquisition of Kinder Morgan Canada Limited and U.S. portion of the Cochin pipeline.
Grand View Research has segmented the global gas pipeline infrastructure market on the basis of operation, application, and region:
- Gas Pipeline Infrastructure Operation Outlook (Volume, '000 Kms; Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 - 2027)
- Gas Pipeline Infrastructure Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 - 2027)
- Compressor Station
- Metering Station
- Gas Pipeline Infrastructure Regional Outlook (Volume, '000 Kms; Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Distribution & Utilities Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Natural Gas Generator Market – Rising occurrence of power outrage and deficit power supply globally coupled with regulation imposed on usage of diesel generators owing to the high level of carbon emission is driving the market demand for natural gas generator globally.
- Axial Flow Pump Market – Factors such as growing investments in water and wastewater treatment industry and rising demand for energy fuel are expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Pipeline Pigging Services Market – Rising application in various end-use industries including oil and gas, lube oil, and chemical is anticipated to further drive the growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.