CLEVELAND, Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Thanksgiving is for spending time with family, welcoming friends into your home, playing a game of football in the yard and, of course, a feast filled with everyone's fall favorites. Whether you're whipping up an appetizer or dessert with Athens Mini Fillo Shells® or wrapping tasty creations in Athens Fillo Dough®, recipes from Athens Foods® make holiday prepping a breeze so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time at the table.
For easy-to-make creations, Athens Mini Fillo Shells come fully baked and ready to fill with your favorite ingredients. These flaky pastry cups are made with layers of fillo dough and are perfect for make-ahead recipes or your go-to party treats. Try a miniature spin on these seasonal dishes for this year's Thanksgiving meal:
- Mini Phyllo Pecan Tarts – A holiday favorite with a bite-sized twist
- Cran-Apple Crisps – These deliciously tart finger foods give a burst of irresistible fruity fall flavor
- Roasted Pear & Gouda Phyllo Tarts – Fall in love with this tangy and crunchy snack topped with the sweet touch of gingersnaps
Athens Fillo Dough is more healthful than other prepared dough, containing fewer calories and no saturated fat. This paper-thin, elegant dough adds a sophisticated taste to any dish and can be paired with an endless number of ingredients and flavors to spruce up your appetizers, snacks, main dishes or desserts. Try your hand at these tasty creations and more this season:
- Phyllo Turkey Gobblers – Reinvent your holiday leftovers with all of your favorite fixings wrapped into a warm and flaky fillo pastry
- Phyllo Sweet Potato Triangles – Show off your culinary skills with the perfect fall appetizer that your guests won't be able to resist
For more holiday recipes and timesaving baking tips, visit AthensFoods.com. Athens Mini Fillo Shells and Fillo Dough can be found in the dessert section of your grocer's freezer aisle.
About Athens Foods
Athens is the world's largest producer of fillo dough and fillo products, including convenient, fully baked Mini Fillo Shells. With more than 55 years of experience perfecting fillo, Athens is committed to continually creating new recipes, gourmet appetizers, handmade desserts and a full array of fillo delicacies. For more information about Athens Foods and its products, visit www.athensfoods.com, www.phyllo.com, www.facebook.com/AthensFoods, www.twitter.com/athensfoods, www.youtube.com/user/PhylloTips, www.pinterest.com/athensfoods/ or call 1-216-430-FILO (3456).
SOURCE Athens Foods