DUBLIN, September 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of Jain PharmaBiotech's new report "Gene Therapy - Technologies, Markets and Companies" to their offering.
Gene therapy technologies are described in detail including viral vectors, nonviral vectors and cell therapy with genetically modified vectors. Gene therapy is an excellent method of drug delivery and various routes of administration as well as targeted gene therapy are described. There is an introduction to technologies for gene suppression as well as molecular diagnostics to detect and monitor gene expression.
Clinical applications of gene therapy are extensive and cover most systems and their disorders. Full chapters are devoted to genetic syndromes, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders and viral infections with emphasis on AIDS. Applications of gene therapy in veterinary medicine, particularly for treating cats and dogs, are included.
Research and development is in progress in both the academic and the industrial sectors. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) of the US is playing an important part. As of 2015, over 2050 clinical trials have been completed, are ongoing or have been approved worldwide.A breakdown of these trials is shown according to the geographical areas and applications.
The voluminous literature on gene therapy was reviewed and selected 750 references are appended in the bibliography.The references are constantly updated. The text is supplemented with 75 tables and 19 figures.
Profiles of 188 companies involved in developing gene therapy are presented along with 232 collaborations. There were only 44 companies involved in this area in 1995. In spite of some failures and mergers, the number of companies has increased more than 4-fold within a decade.
Benefits of this report:
- Up-to-date on-stop information on gene therapy with 75 tables and 19 figures
- Evaluation of gene therapy technologies
- 750 selected references from the literature
- Estimates of gene therapy markets from 2015-2025
- Profiles of 188 companies involved and collaborations in this area
Key Topics Covered:
Part I: Technologies & Markets
1. Introduction 2. Gene Therapy Technologies
3. Clinical Applications of Gene Therapy
4. Gene Therapy of Genetic Disorders
5. Gene Therapy of Cancer
6. Gene Therapy of Neurological Disorders
7. Gene Therapy of Cardiovascular Disorders
8. Gene therapy of viral infections
9. Research, Development and Future of Gene Therapy
10. Regulatory, Safety and Ethical Issues of Gene Therapy
11. Markets for Gene Therapy
Part II: Companies
13. Companies involved in Gene Therapy
For more information about this report, visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zxxhkg/gene_therapy
Related Topics: Genomics
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gene-therapy-technologies-markets-and-companies-report-2016---estimates-of-gene-therapy-markets-from-2015-2025---research-and-markets-300330011.html
SOURCE Research and Markets