REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Nov. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) today announced that it will present 10 Oncotype DX® studies at the 40th San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS), which is being held December 5-9, 2017. Presentation highlights include:
- Positive results from an international validation study analyzing the utility of the Oncotype DX Breast Recurrence Score® test in predicting clinical response to endocrine therapy in the neoadjuvant setting to improve surgical outcomes in postmenopausal patients with estrogen-positive early-stage breast cancer.
- Assessment of clinical outcomes in patients with low-risk breast cancer as defined by the new 8th edition AJCC Staging Manual.
- A separate SEER Registry analysis that evaluated the clinical utility of the Oncotype DX Breast Recurrence Score® test in guiding chemotherapy treatment decisions in node-positive breast cancer.
- Additional data supporting use of the Oncotype DX® Breast DCIS Score™ test, along with tumor size and patient age, to determine risk of local recurrence and guide individual decision making for DCIS patients.
Abstracts are now available at www.sabcs.org. Complete results from these studies will be announced during SABCS in accordance with the meeting embargo policy. Following are details for each presentation (all times are in Central Standard Time):
Wednesday, December 6
- Abstract: OT1-06-02Poster: "Oncotype DX-REMAR Study: Use of the Oncotype DX assay in early breast cancer in certified breast cancer centers in Rhine-Main Region, Germany" Authors: Anastasiadou L, Aulmann S, Falk S, Baier P, Giesecke D, Buchen S, Hurst U, Krapfl E, Moebus V, Mosch D, Schulmeyer E, Solbach C, Ackermann S, Gabriel B, Jackisch C.Location: Hall 1Time: 5-7 p.m.
- Abstract: P1-06-03Poster: "Breast cancer-specific survival in SEER patients with 21-gene Recurrence Score® results <11 classified as prognostic stage IA by new 8th edition AJCC Staging Manual" Authors: Baehner FL, Petkov VI, McCullough D, Shak S.Location: Hall 1Time: 5-7 p.m.
- Abstract: P1-06-06Poster: "No age-related outcome disparities according to 21-gene Recurrence Score groups in early breast cancer patients treated by adjuvant chemotherapy in the prospective WSG PlanB trial" Authors: Harbeck N, Gluz O, Wuerstlein R, Clemens M, Malter W, Reimer T, Nuding B, Stefek A, Pollmanns A, Augustin D, Lorenz-Salehi F, Shak S, Chao C, Christgen M, Kates R, Kreipe H, Nitz U.Location: Hall 1Time: 5-7 p.m.
- Abstract: P1-07-14Poster: "Real life analysis evaluating >1000 N0/N1mi ER+ breast cancer patients for whom treatment decisions incorporated the 21-gene Recurrence Score result: Clinical outcomes with median follow up of >9 years" Authors: Stemmer SM, Rizel S, Steiner M, Geffen DB, Soussan-Gutman L, Bareket-Samish A, McCullough D, Svedman C, Nisenbaum B, Ryvo L, Peretz T, Fried G, Rosengarten O, Liebermann N, Ben Baruch N.Location: Hall 1Time: 5-7 p.m.
Thursday, December 7
- Abstract: P2-05-15Poster: "Oncotype DX Breast Recurrence Score: Real-life utilization among node-positive patients in Ontario clinical practice" Authors: Richardson R, Macchiusi A, Bhasin A, Takizawa C.Location: Hall 1Time: 7-9 a.m.
- Abstract: PD5-03Poster: "TransNEOS: Validation of the Oncotype DX Recurrence Score testing core needle biopsy samples from NEOS as predictor of clinical response to neoadjuvant endocrine therapy for postmenopausal ER+, HER2-negative breast cancer patients" Authors: Yamamoto Y, Iwata H, Masuda N, Fujisawa T, Toyama T, Kashiwaba M, Ohtani S, Taira N, Sakai T, Hasegawa Y, Nakamura R, Akabane H, Shibahara Y, Sasano H, Yamaguchi T, Sakamaki K, Chao C, McCullough D, Sugiyama N, Ohashi YLocation: Stars at Night Ballroom 1&2 - 3rd LevelTime: 5-7 p.m.
Friday, December 8
- Abstract: P4-15-08Poster: "Association of Oncotype DX DCIS Score results with local recurrence in patients with DCIS treated on accelerated partial breast radiotherapy protocols" Authors: Leonard CE, Fryman SP, Turner MP, Bennett JP, Carter DL, Sing AP.Location: Hall 1Time: 7-9 a.m.
- Abstract: P4-15-09Poster: "Refined estimates of local recurrence risk in a clinical utility study: Integrating the DCIS score, patient age and DCIS tumor size" Authors: Manders JB, Solin LJ, Leonard CE, Mamounas EP, Lu R, Turner M, Baehner FL, White J.Location: Hall 1Time: 7-9 a.m.
- Abstract: PD7-13Poster: "Molecular Characterization and Mortality from Breast Cancer in Men" Authors: Massarweh SA, Sledge GW, Miller DP, McCullough D, Petkov VI, Shak S.Location: Stars at Night Ballroom 1&2Time: 7-9 a.m.
Saturday, December 9
- Abstract: P6-13-03Poster: "Breast cancer-specific mortality in patients with N+ breast cancer treated based on the 21-gene assay in clinical practice" Authors: Shak S, McCullough D, Petkov VI.Location: Hall 1Time: 7-9 a.m.
About Oncotype DX®
The Oncotype DX® portfolio of breast, colon and prostate cancer tests applies advanced genomic science to reveal the unique biology of a tumor in order to optimize cancer treatment decisions. The company's flagship product, the Oncotype DX Breast Recurrence Score® test, has been shown to predict the likelihood of chemotherapy benefit as well as recurrence in invasive breast cancer. Additionally, the Oncotype DX Breast DCIS Score™ test predicts the likelihood of recurrence in a pre-invasive form of breast cancer called DCIS. In prostate cancer, the Oncotype DX Genomic Prostate Score™ test predicts disease aggressiveness and further clarifies the current and future risk of the cancer prior to treatment intervention. With more than 800,000 patients tested in more than 90 countries, the Oncotype DX tests have redefined personalized medicine by making genomics a critical part of cancer diagnosis and treatment. To learn more about Oncotype DX tests, visit www.OncotypeIQ.com, www.MyBreastCancerTreatment.org or www.MyProstateCancerTreatment.org.
About Genomic Health
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that help optimize cancer care, including addressing the overtreatment of the disease, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ® Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX® gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 800,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests, including the recently launched Oncotype SEQ® Liquid Select™ test. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements relating to the benefits of our tests to physicians, patients and payors. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially, and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: the ability of our test results to change treatment decisions; the risks and uncertainties associated with the regulation of the company's tests; the results of clinical studies; the applicability of clinical study results to actual outcomes; the risk that the company may not obtain or maintain sufficient levels of reimbursement, domestically or abroad, for its existing tests and any future tests it may develop; the risks of competition; unanticipated costs or delays in research and development efforts; and the other risks set forth in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the risks set forth in the company's quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2017. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Genomic Health disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
NOTE: The Genomic Health logo, Oncotype, Oncotype DX, Recurrence Score, DCIS Score, Oncotype SEQ, Liquid Select, Genomic Prostate Score, Oncotype DX AR-V7 Nucleus Detect and Oncotype IQ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Genomic Health, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Genomic Health, Inc.