NEW YORK, Sept. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- NAMIC (National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications) today announced that Geo-Strategist and Author, Parag Khanna will deliver the keynote address at the Opening General Session of the 25th Annual NAMIC Conference. Presented as part of Diversity Week, the conference is scheduled for October 4-5, 2011 at the Hilton New York in Manhattan.
Symbolizing the current multi-cultural, multi-tiered, multi-faceted state of media and entertainment, as driven by advancing technology, shifting demographics, and globalization, the theme for this year's event is New Media, New Voices, New World. The Opening General Session of the 25th Annual NAMIC Conference will be held Tuesday, October 4 from 8:30-9:30 a.m. ET, and precede a Town Hall Meeting on Diversity, which commences at 9:45 a.m. ET. "Dynamic content aligned with this year's theme is driving the conference agenda," said Kathy Johnson, President, NAMIC. "In keeping with the theme's focus, Parag Khanna is a new voice of influence on global trends and emerging market strategies that is resonating with the business community."
Presently a Senior Research Fellow at the New America Foundation and Senior Fellow at the European Council on Foreign Relations, Khanna is a best-selling author. His literary works include The Second World: How Emerging Powers are Redefining Global Competition in the 21st Century, and his latest release, How to Run the World: Charting a Course to the Next Renaissance. A Foreign Policy Advisor to the Barack Obama Presidential Campaign, Khanna also served as a Senior Geo-political Advisor to the United States Special Operations Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Named one of Esquire's "75 Most Influential People of the 21st Century" and one of 15 individuals featured in Wired magazine's "Smart List," Khanna received the honor of Young Global Leader of the 2009 World Economic Forum.
In addition to Khanna, over the course of the two-day agenda, some of the most diverse and seasoned business leaders within the media and entertainment industry will share their perspectives on timely topics offered within two General Sessions and four learning tracks: Audience Development; Content & Imagery; Diversity & Inclusion; and Leadership Development.
Speakers confirmed to date for the 25th Annual NAMIC Conference include:
- Henry Ahn, EVP, Content Distributing & Marketing, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Adria Alpert-Romm, Senior EVP, Human Resources, Discovery Communications
- Regina Angeles, CEO, Talent2050
- Daisy Auger-Dominguez, Managing Director, Executive Search Initiatives, Worldwide Recruitment & Executive Search, Time Warner, Inc.
- Clayton Banks, President & CEO, Ember Media Corporation
- Matthew Barnhill, SVP, Market Research, BET Networks
- Ella LJ Edmondson Bell, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Tuck School of Business
- Tyler Benjamin, VP, Global Talent Management, Discovery Communications
- Nicole Bernard, SVP, Audience Strategy, FOX Group
- Nikki Bethel, VP, Organizational Effectiveness, HBO
- Orlena Blanchard, SVP, Digital Media, TV One
- Alvin Bowles, CEO, Grab Networks
- Jeffrey Bowman, Practice Lead, OgilvyCULTURE and Partner, Marketing Strategy, Ogilvy & Mather
- Imani Breaker, VP, Customer Care, Time Warner Cable
- Paul Butler, SVP & General Counsel, GMC
- Sabrina Caluori, VP, Social Media & Marketing, HBO
- Lisa Chang, SVP, Human Resources, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Craig Clayton, Director & Diversity Strategist, International Institute for Diversity & Cross Cultural Management, University of Houston
- Keith Clinkscales, SVP & GM, Content Development & Enterprises, ESPN
- David Cohen, EVP, Comcast Corporation
- Vincent Cordero, EVP & GM, FOX Deportes
- Katrina Cukaj, SVP, CNN Ad Sales & Marketing
- Meeri Park Cunniff, SVP, Programming Strategy, MTV, MTV Networks
- Susan Jin Davis, VP, Strategic Services, Communications and Data, Comcast
- Tara DeVeaux, SVP, Senior Account Director, BBDO
- John Dooney, Manager, Strategic Research, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Mae Douglas, EVP & Chief People Officer, Cox Communications
- Dianne Earley, VP, Cox Media Virginia, Cox Media
- Kimberly Edmunds, SVP & Customer Operations, Cox Communications
- Graciela Eleta, SVP, Brand Solutions Team, Univision
- Arminda Figueroa, President & CEO, Latin2Latin Marketing & Communications
- Pamela Fisher, VP, Diversity, News Corporation
- Brenda Freeman, CMO, Animation, Young Adults & Kids Media, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Lino Garcia, General Manager, ESPN Deportes
- Rebecca Glashow, SVP, Digital Media Distribution, Discovery Communications
- Maureen Guthman, SVP, Program Strategy & Acquisitions, TV One
- Erin Hand, VP, Talent & Development, Cox Communications
- Jacqueline Hernandez, COO, Telemundo
- Cynthia Hudson, SVP & GM, CNN Espanol & Hispanic Strategy for CNN/U.S.
- Jane Hyun, author, "Breaking the Bamboo Ceiling"
- Jose Jimenez, Executive Director, Regulatory Affairs, Cox Communications, Inc.
- James C. Jones, VP, Education Programs, NAMIC
- Jennifer Kavanagh, SVP, Digital Media, Oxygen Media
- Rachel Lam, SVP, Group Managing Director, Time Warner Investments
- Howard Lee, SVP, Production & Development, TLC, Discovery Communications
- J.P. Lespinasse, Director of Social Media, BET Networks
- Jeanine Liburd, EVP, Corporate Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility & Special Events, BET Networks
- Bruce Lincoln, Founder & Chief Design Scientist, Urban Cyberspace Company
- Kay Madati, Entertainment Strategist, Global Customer Marketing, Facebook
- Rishi Malhotra, President & COO, Saavn, Inc.
- Rob Marcus, President & COO, Time Warner Cable
- Jose Marquez, VP, Interactive Media, mun2
- Lucinda Martinez, VP, Domestic Network Distribution & Multicultural Marketing, HBO
- Robert Mendez, SVP, Diversity, Disney/ABC Television Group
- Diana Mogollon, General Manager, mun2
- J.D. Myers, VP, Cox Business, Cox Communications, Inc.
- Jane Olson, SVP, Marketing & Brand Strategy, Oxygen Media
- Cheryl Palmer, Executive Career Coach & Resume Writer, Call to Career
- Janet Parker, VP, Corporate Human Resources, Time Warner Cable
- Cheryl Pearson-McNeil, SVP, Public Affairs & Government Relations, Nielsen
- Maria Perez-Brown, SVP, Programming & Development, nuvoTV
- Ron L. Phillips, SVP, Employee Engagement, Comcast
- Christopher Powell, EVP, Human Resources, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Michael Quigley, VP, Business Development, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Kelly Regal, EVP, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Ian Schafer, CEO, Deep Focus
- Pete Scott, VP, Emerging Media, Turner Sports
- Ken Shapiro, SVP, Digital Sales, Entertainment & Sports, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Veronica Sheehan, SVP, Global Network Operations & International IT, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Dhanusha Sivajee, Head of Marketing, Bloomberg Mobile
- Debbie Smith Rayford, VP, Global Diversity, Discovery Communications
- William Strahan, SVP, Human Resources, Comcast
- Melissa Sykes, VP, Content Diversity, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Melody Tan, SVP, Strategy & Business Operations, Content Distribution & Marketing, MTVN & BET Networks
- Jose Tillan, GM & EVP, TR3S: MTV, Musica Y Mas
- Nicol Turner-Lee, Ph.D., VP & Director, Media and Technology Institute, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- Shana C. Waterman, VP, Current Programming, FOX Broadcasting Company
- Esther Weinberg, CEO, MindLight Group, LLC
- Jacqueline M. Welch, SVP, Talent Management & Global Diversity, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Narisa Wild, VP, Business Development, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Stephen Wong, VP, Audience Strategy, FOX Group
Conference highlights include a Diversity Town Hall Meeting, featuring top industry executives; the L. Patrick Mellon Mentorship Program Luncheon, with guest speaker Susan L. Taylor, Editor Emerita of Essence magazine and Founder of the National Cares Mentoring Movement; presentation of the 2011 Mickey Leland Humanitarian Achievement Award to Ana Maria Polo, Host of Telemundo's "Caso Cerrado;" acknowledgment of this year's winners of the Excellence in Multi-cultural Marketing Awards; the Diversity in Media & Entertainment Career Expo, presented in partnership with CableFAX; a breakfast event recognizing the CableFAX Most Influential Minorities in Cable, with a one-on-one interview with Michael Powell, President and Chief Executive Officer, NCTA; and the Annual NAMIC Conference 25th Anniversary Reception.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. is the Presenting Sponsor of the 25th Annual NAMIC Conference. Co-Presenting Sponsors include A+E Television Networks and Scripps Networks Interactive. Motorola Mobility Foundation is the Silver Anniversary Sponsor. Other event sponsors include AMC Networks, BET Networks, Comcast, Cooking Channel, Cox Communications, Food Network, History en Espanol, ION Media Networks, mun2, NAMIC-New York, NBCUniversal, NCTA, Saavn, Showtime Networks Inc., Suddenlink Communications, Univision, the Walter Kaitz Foundation, and WE tv. Media partners confirmed to date are Broadcasting and Cable, CableFAX Daily, Hispanic MPR, LatinVision Media, MediaBiz, Multichannel News, Portada and The Network Journal.
For more information on the 25th Annual NAMIC Conference, contact Sandra Girado, Director of Meetings and Events, NAMIC, at 212-594-5985. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Inquiries pertaining to sponsorship should be directed to Daniel J. McGlone, Vice President of Membership and Fund Development, NAMIC at 212-594-5985. Online registration for 25th Annual NAMIC Conference can be accessed by visiting http://www.namic.com. Group registration discounts are available for companies that wish to send multiple employees.
NAMIC (National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications) is the premier organization focusing on multi-ethnic diversity in the communications industry. Founded in 1980 as a non-profit trade association, today NAMIC comprises over 2,300 professionals belonging to a network of 16 chapters nationwide. Through initiatives that focus on education, advocacy and empowerment, NAMIC champions equity and inclusion in the workforce, with special attention given to ensuring that the leadership cadres of our nation's communications industry giants reflect the multi-ethnic richness of the populations they serve. For more information, please visit www.namic.com and stay connected to NAMIC on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and DiversityLive: The Business > Social NAMIC Network.