ATLANTA, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- During the past eight years, the Annual Conference of the Georgia Chapter-Public Relations Society of America (www.prsageorgia.org) has become known for its impressive line-up of presenters representing major corporations and cutting-edge small businesses; local and national non-profits, and independent and major agencies.
This year's conference will be Thursday, May 2, 2013, and the day's details include:
Two keynote sessions:
- Social Media with WSB-TV's Social Media Manager Kyle Jones and Sports Director Zach Klein (opening)
- Sports Marketing from Atlanta Braves' Vice President of Marketing Gus Eurton (lunch)
There will be nine breakout sessions, including:
- Presentations 201: Connect with Your Audience and Move Them to Action
- Where Do You Go From Here? Invest In Your Career Development
- Internal Communication: Measure Action, Not Just Attitudes
- Leverage Today's PR to Boost Your Brand – the Changing Face of Branding PR
- Whistleblowing: What Public Relations Practitioners Do and What Whistleblowers Want from Public Relations
- Banking on PR: How Financial Communications Has Changed in the Wake of the Crisis
- That's the Power of Social Media – Home Depot Style
- Using PR to Shape the Future of Energy
- Metro Atlanta: What's Hot and How You Can Help Keep It This Way!
The day's schedule is:
7:30 a.m. – Registration & Continental Breakfast
8 a.m. – Opening Session Begins Conference
Noon-1:30 p.m. – Lunch
4 p.m. – Afternoon Breakout Sessions End
The annual conference will be held in the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center, 84 Fifth Street, Atlanta, GA 30308.
If you register before March 25, you'll enjoy Early Bird savings and parking, continental breakfast and boxed lunch are included.
Details and registration: http://bit.ly/ZXcdn6 .
PRSA|GA (www.prsageorgia.org), the second-largest local chapter in the national society, consists of some 850 professionals throughout Georgia. Its mission is to enhance the profession, provide continuing education and offer networking opportunities for its members.
The Chapter has regular monthly meetings and seminars, an Annual Conference for professionals and an annual Real World PR collegiate conference day. Eight Special Interest Groups meet at various times and the Chapter supports nine PRSSA (student society) chapters.
SOURCE Georgia Chapter, Public Relations Society of America