WILMINGTON, Del., Dec. 28, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- 21st Century Insurance has expanded its arsenal of mobile device tools with the introduction of 21st Mobile Quote. The tool – a mobile version of the insurer's Website, 21st.com – makes it easy for prospective customers to get a quick insurance quote online while using their smart phone.
"This new mobile resource further demonstrates our company's commitment to doing business in the 21st Century," said Tony DeSantis, president of 21st Century Insurance. "It also shows that it's not just about traditional telephone sales anymore. As consumers continue to use the Web and mobile technology to make their purchases, we know that the need to have advanced tools and resources to do business will continue to evolve."
21st Mobile Quote is not a downloadable app, but rather a mobile version of 21st.com. Users can visit 21st.com through the Web browser on their iPhone®, Android or Blackberry which, in turn, will automatically render the site to fit their phone's display screen.
Once on the site, users will be able to:
- Get a quick policy quote – 21st Mobile Quote will take users through a series of quick questions to get needed information about them and their vehicles. It will provide a quick auto policy price estimate on up to two drivers and two vehicles in a household
- Review coverage summary – Once they complete the information, the user can review a summary of coverage information and the estimated price
- Connect directly with us for a full quote – Once the quote process is completed, 21st Mobile Quote can connect the user directly to the 21st Century Insurance sales team to complete the policy buying process.
The tool also offers existing 21st Century Insurance customers access to other convenient tools, such as:
- Direct access to 21st Century customer service, should they have a question about their policy
- If they own an iPhone®, they will be able to download the FREE 21st iPhone® app from the Apple App store. With the app, they can view their policy, pay their bill, check on a claim - even find the closest gas station for a quick fill-up.
"21st Mobile Quote is the result of our desire to meet consumers' needs in this fast-paced, technology driven age and enable them to get a rate quote on their mobile device and do so with a positive user experience," said Bryan MacDonald, vice president of eBusiness.
You can learn more about 21st Mobile Quote, the 21st iPhone® app and other 21st Century Insurance products by visiting 21st.com.
About 21st Century
21st Century Insurance is a trade name for a leading group of direct-to-consumer auto insurers in the United States. 21st Century is dedicated to providing customers with excellent coverage and award-winning service and helping them save on auto insurance. Insuring over 2 million vehicles across 49 states and Washington, D.C., 21st Century is also a proud part of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies®, the third largest personal lines insurer in the country. For more information, visit 21st.com or call (877)310-5687 for a quote.
Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is the country's 3rd largest insurer of both personal lines passenger automobile and homeowners insurance, and also provides a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. Farmers Insurance is proud to serve more than 10 million households with more than 20 million individual policies across all 50 states through the efforts of over 50,000 exclusive and independent agents and nearly 24,000 employees.
Farmers is a trade name and may refer to Farmers Group, Inc. or the Farmers Exchanges, as the case may be. Farmers Group, Inc., a management and holding company, along with its subsidiaries, is wholly owned by the Zurich Financial Services Group. The Farmers Exchanges are three reciprocal insurers (Farmers Insurance Exchange, Fire Insurance Exchange and Truck Insurance Exchange), including their subsidiaries and affiliates, owned by their policyholders, and managed by Farmers Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information about Farmers, visit its Web site at www.farmers.com or at www.Facebook.com/FarmersInsurance.
SOURCE Farmers Insurance Group