BUFFALO, N.Y., Dec. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- #getfried Fry Cafe, a quick-serve restaurant franchise that offers a variety of topped French fries and finger foods, is experiencing explosive growth throughout the country, with locations currently in development throughout Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Santa Clara and Egypt.
#getfried is known for its gourmet topped French fries, which all start with one of six styles of fries that are personalized with more than 20 sauces, seasonings and protein options. In addition to their signature baskets like the '716,' made with shredded chicken, buffalo sauce and blue cheese, they also offer other finger food favorites such as Waffle Fry Sliders and chicken fingers. #getfried also recently introduced Dutch-style frites that are served in a paper cone with a dipping sauce, a nod to the culture that inspired the concept.
Growth in the coming months will be driven by multiple new franchise agreements, which include:
- Houston, TX - #getfried will debut a kiosk at the end of December at the Deerbrook Mall in the northern suburb of Humble. The franchise will be run by entrepreneur Shahid Mahmood, a Pakistan native with nearly 30 years of entrepreneurial experience.
- Santa Clara, CA – In early January, #getfried will debut a brick-and-mortar restaurant at 4300 Great America Parkway in Santa Clara with franchisees Robert and Lynette Crum. Robert spent several years as the head chef at Il Fornaio restaurant in San Jose, and has a background in commercial restaurant equipment. The location will also offer self-service beer and wine.
- Austin, TX – University of Texas at Austin's campus will see #getfried open in the Dobie Mall food hall in early January. The location will be run by franchisee Drew Travis. In addition, a second unit is scheduled to open in mid-2018 through a separate franchise agreement with Wayne Anderson.
- San Antonio, TX – In early January, #getfried will open a kiosk at the North Star Mall in San Antonio by a local couple with vast business and restaurant experience. Diana Popescu and Alex Miralda are currently running the #getfried food trailer throughout San Antonio. Previously, Miralda was a manager at Fuddruckers for several years.
- Dallas, TX – Deep Ellum will soon be home to a #getfried location, which is expected to open early 2018 at 2656 Main Street in Dallas. The store will be run by entrepreneur Muhammad Abdullah and will be a brick-and-mortar location in "The Corner Building."
- Cairo, Egypt - After successfully testing the #getfried model in Egypt this summer with two mobile units, Premiere Food Services, an international foodservice company that operates in Egypt, has also signed a 10-unit agreement to bring more #getfried locations to the country over the next three years. A brick-and-mortar store is scheduled to open this winter in Cairo.
"We are excited to introduce the #getfried experience into new markets across the country and internationally," said Chris Covelli, founder of #getfried. "We are carving out a unique niche in the quick serve segment. Fast-casual, customizable restaurant concepts are becoming more popular among consumers, especially millennials, and we know that #getfried intersects the ubiquity of the hashtag with America's love affair with French fries."
Since becoming franchise compliant in early 2016, #getfried has sold 23 units, nine of which will be open by the end of 2017. The quick-serve chain is focused on domestic expansion, specifically targeting college towns and campuses and major cities such as Las Vegas, Atlanta, Miami and New York City.
About #getfried Fry Café
#getfried Fry Café is a quick-serve restaurant chain specializing in gourmet topped French fries and finger foods for the on-the-go consumer. #getfried locations utilize mobile units, concession, walk-up and sit-down cafe formatted stores for the lunch, evening and late-night consumers throughout malls, college towns, sports arenas, casinos, airports, gas stations, movie theaters and downtown urban entertainment districts. For more information, visit www.getfried.com and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
SOURCE #getfried Fry Cafe