REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- With the introduction of Ehang's new GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR, taking to the skies has never been easier or made flying a drone more accessible to the masses. Today's announcement that the GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR is now available at more than 500 Best Buy stores nationwide, means that finding and buying this easy-to-use drone is also easier than ever.
The GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR combines innovative, top-line engineering and design to make drone flight an easy, fun and user-friendly experience for everyone. Ehang, a leading Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) company based in China with a US-based office in Silicon Valley, received international attention at last year's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) when it unveiled the world's first human drone known as the 184. The company has brought the same brilliant innovation to consumers with the introduction of the GHOSTDRONE 2.0.
"Best Buy is one of most recognizable retail names in consumer electronics. We could not be more excited to have their support for the nationwide retail roll-out of the GHOSTDRONE 2.0," said Claire Chen, Vice President, Business Development for Ehang USA. "Their confidence in our next generation GHOSTDRONE and in the growth of the category makes a significant statement about the future of consumer drones. Drones are no longer just for the hobbyist/enthusiast; they are going mainstream."
According to a recent study by GlobalWebIndex, almost a third (32%) of global Internet users between 16 and 64 are interested in using drones, making the timing right for this consumer-friendly drone. There is growing interest from consumers looking to learn about drones and use them to capture life's special moments. Consumers are already out there enjoying the GHOSTDRONE 2.O VR and sharing the memorable moments they've captured with their drones – from marriage proposals to kids' sporting events to adventure vacations. The GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR offers the best of both worlds, combining state-of-the-art technology with intuitive piloting that allows even unexperienced users to start flying right out of the box. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3cS9qcAZ5M
GHOSTDRONE 2.0 is loaded with features and firsts for the category that appeal to retailers because it meets the interests and needs of experienced and novice drone pilots alike, including:
- No tricky transmitter, the Ehang Play App (IOS, Windows or Android) lets the user pilot the drone with three easy flight modes, Avatar, Waypoints and Companion, and capture video all with the tap of the phone's volume buttons.
- VR platform delivers real time "first person view"; the pilot sees what the drone sees through the goggles, standard with the GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR.
- VR goggles use innovative head-tracking feature that allows users to intuitively control the camera angle of their drone simply via head movement.
- Notably, it's the only drone available that comes with a one-year, no hassle warranty that covers up to three accidents in one year, no questions asked.
- The new drones also are competitively priced. GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR, $899 MSRP; includes gimbal, EHang 4K Spherical camera and VR Goggles.
Ehang, founded in 2014, is a Chinese aerial technology company with offices in California, Beijing, and Guangzhou and a mission to help shape the way we connect with the sky. Ehang's GHOSTDRONE 2.0 products have been sold in over 70 countries, opening the skies to both new and seasoned fliers around the world. In January 2016, the company set its ambitions one step further and launched the EHang 184 Autonomous Aerial Vehicle (AAV), the first vehicle ever to offer autonomous human flight over short-to-medium distances. With $52 million in funding and a nearly 200-person team led by executives from Microsoft and Lenovo, Ehang has established itself as a leader in the competitive drone market. Visit http://www.ehang.com/ for more information.