WASHINGTON, March 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- As the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) prepares to issue final whistleblower rules under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP has formed a multidisciplinary Whistleblower Team to offer experienced, comprehensive counsel on the full range of issues that arise under the new statute.
The attorneys comprising Gibson Dunn's Whistleblower Team are drawn from several of the firm's practice areas, including Labor and Employment, Securities Enforcement, Corporate Governance and Securities Regulation, White Collar Defense and Investigations, and Litigation. Several members of the Team have held leadership positions with the federal government and with other enforcement agencies, giving them valuable first-hand experience with regulators, investigators and prosecutors. Team members include former directors or solicitors of the SEC, the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Department of Labor (DOL).
The Team members have litigated whistleblower claims under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act SOX, advised companies on the hotline aspects of their compliance programs, assisted companies and organizations comment on the SEC's proposed rules, met with the senior SEC staff regarding its whistleblower program, represented clients before the SEC's Enforcement Division and handled litigation arising from whistleblower complaints.
The Whistleblower Team is experienced in:
- Counseling companies, executives and boards of directors on developing effective and comprehensive compliance programs, as well as governance structures and policies.
- Addressing SEC disclosure issues, and evaluating possible claims under federal and state securities laws.
- Conducting time-sensitive internal investigations.
- Representing firms and individuals facing securities enforcement and other related regulatory investigations.
- Defending against allegations of accounting irregularities, retaliation, or discrimination leading to a wrongful termination lawsuits brought by the whistleblower.
About the Firm
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP is a leading international law firm. Consistently ranking among the world's top law firms in industry surveys and major publications, Gibson Dunn is distinctively positioned in today's global marketplace with more than 1,000 lawyers and 17 offices, including Brussels, Century City, Dallas, Denver, Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Munich, New York, Orange County, Palo Alto, Paris, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Singapore, and Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.gibsondunn.com.
SOURCE Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP