REDDING, Conn., March 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Over the last two years, more than 50,000 people found and booked event entertainment on GigMasters (http://www.gigmasters.com). Based on a review of past and upcoming events, GigMasters has uncovered the following unusual trends in entertainment booking:
- Psychics are more frequently hired for weddings than for corporate events.
- Mariachi bands are the most popular type of band selected for adult birthday parties – by a large margin (the most popular entertainment that's not a live band is an Elvis impersonator).
- Many corporate event planners chose variety acts (magicians, hypnotists, etc.) in 2010, but in 2011 they're requesting more musicians like guitarists and pianists.
- The average spending on entertainment for a sweet sixteen party is $376, the average entertainment spending for a wedding is $1,950.
- Contrary to what you might think, couples in Chicago spend 11% more on wedding entertainment than couples in New York City.
"We get an early peek at emerging party trends because many of our clients book entertainment months before the actual event," says VP of Marketing, Marissa Latshaw. "By looking at data and talking to our clients and performers, we stay close to what's hot in party and wedding entertainment."
GigMasters regularly prepares customized "Party & Entertainment Trend Sheets" for members of the press, bloggers and just because it amuses us. For more information, or help with your entertainment reporting email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-587-1134 ext. 232.
GigMasters.com is the number one event entertainment booking service, guiding party planners and hosts to the right entertainment for every event. By combining the efficiency of the web with the personal touch of a private event planner, GigMasters has helped facilitate more than 120,000 bookings, including over 30,500 in 2010. With the Internet's largest nationwide database of client-rated performers for live music and variety entertainment, GigMasters boasts over 9,000 performers including live bands, wedding musicians, party DJs, celebrity impersonators, balloon twisters, stand-up comedians, jazz trios, bagpipers, string quartets, soloists and more. The site, founded in 1997 by Kevin Kinyon and Michael Caldwell, attracts over 20,000 daily visits*, throughout North America. GigMasters is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau, TRUSTe, and is also a DigiCert secured website. For more information, please visit http://www.gigmasters.com.
*Source: Google Analytics