FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., June 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrate Dad this Father's Day with the gift of incredibly fast Wi-Fi speeds and a maximum-performance wireless network. Eliminating dead spots and achieving a wireless network built for handling high-bandwidth activities, the new D-Link AC1900 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-878) and AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1720) allow Dads to enjoy HD streaming and lag-free gaming with speeds of up to 1,900 Mbps1 – even in the farthest corners of the house.
According to research from Pew Research Center, 73 percent of U.S. adults are home broadband users – a 31 percent increase over the past decade1. Routers are the often-ignored backbone of the home network, and most homes today have multiple smartphones, laptops, tablets, and gaming consoles competing for online access. Unfortunately, this leads to slow internet connection quality and frustration for families. To keep up with evolving technology and growing household Wi-Fi usage, updating home network equipment is now more relevant than ever.
"There's nothing more frustrating than buffering when trying to stream your favorite content – whether in the living room, basement or man cave," said Oscar Reyes, vice president of marketing, D-Link. "Taking steps to upgrade your home network ensures a flawless home entertainment experience, and offers the support households need to handle multiple devices without interruption. With D-Link's new MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router and Range Extender, the gift of a reliable home network allows Dad to take advantage of the latest developments in networking technology."
In preparation for Father's Day, here are five reasons to give the gift of upgraded home networking gear:
- Ultimate Entertainment: The DIR-878 Router provides premium performance for devices that require high bandwidth, including video streaming and online gaming. With four high-performance antennas delivering maximum range, Wi-Fi coverage is improved throughout large homes and even backyards, allowing Dad to enjoy ultimate high-speed entertainment.
- Multi-Tasking Made Possible: With so many tech gifts on the shelves, Dad needs a home network that delivers extremely fast speeds. MU-MIMO allows several devices to receive high-bandwidth Wi-Fi signals at the same time, so Dad can stream favorite shows in HD while the kids enjoy lag-free gaming.
- No Dead Spots, No Interruptions: Find the optimal position in your home with the DAP-1720 Extender's intuitive Smart Signal Indicator to eliminate dead spots. Additionally, with the DIR-878's Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization, track network traffic and decide which devices deserve higher priority, whether it's a work laptop or a gaming console.
- Small Solutions with Big Coverage: Both the DIR-878 and the DAP-1720 offer Dad compact solutions for big networking needs. The portable extender only requires a single plug, conserving space for your other devices.
- Instantaneous Speed with Simple Setup: The DIR-878 and DAP-1720 are easy to use, with simple Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), so Dad can install his network with the push of a button. Both devices include QRS Mobile app support for effortless setup and configuration, leaving Dad with more time to indulge in lag-free entertainment throughout his home.
Availability and Pricing
D-Link's home networking solutions are now available throughout D-Link's vast network of retail and e-tail outlets in the United States. Detailed specifications are available online and retail pricing is as follows:
More about D-Link Home Networking Solutions
D-Link offers a diverse range of Wi-Fi solutions at competitive price levels, allowing consumers to select the best home networking solution for their needs, including models offering ultimate Wi-Fi performance, remote access and management, advanced AC smartbeam, fast connections and more coverage. For more information, visit http://shop.us.dlink.com/routers.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/dlinkusa), Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink) and D-Link's Blog (http://blog.dlink.com/).
1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE 802.11ac specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors may adversely affect wireless signal range.
2 http://www.pewinternet.org/chart/home-broadband-use/ (1/11/2017)
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2017 D-Link. All Rights Reserved.