PRINCETON, N.J., Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Veterati is transforming job searches for veterans and military spouses from painful experiences into inspiring journeys through the power of mentorship. In January 2016, Veterati launched a digital platform for Veterans and military spouses to access mentorship-on-demand from successful professionals across the nation.
Studies show more than 80% of jobs are unpublished and are found only through personal networks, which were previously difficult for military job seekers to tap into. Veterati solves this problem by focusing on mentorship as a primary means to discovering career options and securing meaningful work. With Verizon and other leading military employers supporting Veterati's mission, the social-impact startup is on track to become a driver of hope for Veterans hanging up their uniforms after years of service.
Talented, high quality veterans are seeking top employers - Top employers from some of the most recognized brands are seeking to hire veterans. Veterati's mission is to bring the two together by enabling mentorship conversations between 1.5 million transitioning Veterans and 100 million employed Americans.
It's a personal mission for Veterati Founders Daniel Rau (Marine Corp Veteran), Thy Tang (Marine Corp Veteran), and Diana Tsai (Veteran Spouse). Says Tsai, CEO of Veterati, "Going about our lives at home, it's easy to forget that freedom isn't free. That the 1% who serve, our Service members and their families, create the possibility for the rest of us the, the 99%, to have the peace of mind to build and create great inventions, great companies, and global impact."
At the start of 2016, Veterati opened the free mentorship platform to Service Members, Veterans, Military Spouses, and Mentors across the country. Since then, mentees have been averaging 3.7 mentor calls per active user. 98% of mentors report they want to mentor again. Compared with competitors charging job applicants for career coaching and guidance, Veterati has already provided $400,000+ worth of free mentorship to Veterans and military spouses, and that number is rapidly rising.
In mid-July, Veterati partnered with Verizon to launch its first Corporate Mentorship Platform. As the #1 Military Employer ranked by the Military Times, Verizon saw demand from its 175,000 employees to support hiring military applicants and took action. Says Evan Guzman, Global Head of Military Programming & Recruiting, Verizon, "If you really are an organization that values people, if you're an organization that values talent, if you're an organization that values the military, Veterati gives you all three of those components in one platform." As a digital & scalable mentorship platform capable of onboarding thousands of employees at a time as mentors, Veterati aims to become the mentorship-platform-of-choice for Top Military Employers by 2018.
Launched in Jan 2016, Veterati gives every American an opportunity to become part of the solution to getting Veterans & Military spouses meaningful careers. In a matter of minutes, the Veterati platform gives Veterans access to unlimited mentors to advise them on job search and connect them to their networks. Veterati mentors are volunteers: CEOs, recruiters, entrepreneurs, and successful professionals. Mentorship takes place through phone calls and starts with a 1-hr commitment per month.
For more information on Veterati, please visit at www.veterati.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/give-the-free-gift-of-mentorship-this-holiday-season-to-a-veteran-on-new-platform-veterati-300379344.html