DUBLIN, Jan. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Plant Genomics Market - A Global Market and Regional Analysis: Focus on Product Offering, Technology, Application, Farm Produce, Patent, Government Programs and Funding - Analysis and Forecast, 2020-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global plant genomics market is projected to grow from $7.26 billion in 2020 to $12.26 billion by 2025, at a CAGR 11.06% from 2020 to 2025.
The growth in plant genomics market is expected to be driven by the rising need for improved crop traits, increasing need to reduce crop losses, and reducing cost of DNA sequencing and synthesizing.
Plant genomics caters to several applications such as yield management, diseases resistance, and herbicide tolerance. The utilization of technologies in plant genomics, such as DNA/RNA sequencing, genotyping, marker-assisted selection and bioinformatics, is expected to augment the growth of plant genomics in the technology sector. Moreover, depleting agricultural land and increasing demand for fresh agricultural produce all around the year are expected to propagate the growth of plant genomics market.
The competitive landscape of the plant genomics market consists of different strategies undertaken by major players across the industry to gain market presence. The competitive landscape for the plant genomics market demonstrates an inclination toward companies adopting strategies, such as product launch and development and partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures.
The major established players in the market focus on partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures to introduce new technologies or develop further on the existing product portfolio. KeyGene, N.V., Novogene, Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Genewiz, Front Range Biosciences, and Eurofins Scientific are some of the prominent players in the plant genomics market.
The market is highly fragmented with the presence of a large number of small- to medium-sized companies that compete with each other and the large enterprises.
Regional Market Dynamics
The global plant genomics market holds a prominent share in various countries of North America and Europe. North America is at the forefront of the global plant genomics market, with a high market penetration rate in the U.S., and Canada, which are expected to display robust market growth in the coming five years.
During the forecast period 2020-2025, the Asia-Pacific and Japan region is expected to flourish as one of the most lucrative markets for plant genomics. Asia-Pacific and Japan region is expected to exhibit significant growth opportunities for plant genomics due to the increased optimism in the economic conditions of these countries.
The countries in this region present immense scope for market development, owing to the increasing urban population size, growing market penetration of advanced technologies, favorable government investments on the adaptation of innovative farming technologies.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What is the expected global plant genomics market size in terms of value during 2019-2025?
- What is the expected future scenario and revenue generated by the application segments including yield management, herbicide tolerance, and disease resistance?
- What is the expected future scenario and revenue to be generated by the different types of product offerings, including hardware, software/platform, and support services, during the forecast period 2020-2025?
- What is the expected future scenario and revenue to be generated by the different types of technologies, including DNA/RNA sequencing, genotyping, marker-assisted selection, and bioinformatics during the forecast period 2020-2025?
- What is the expected future scenario and revenue to be generated by the plant genomics for different farm produce, including cereals, oil crops, fiber, fruits, and vegetables, among others?
- What are the different regulations present in different regions regarding the development of crops through plant genomics?
- Which region is the largest market for the global plant genomics market?
- What is the expected future scenario and the revenue to be generated by different regions and countries in the plant genomics market?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the plant genomics market on the basis of the analysis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
- Where do the key plant genomics companies lie in their competitive benchmarking, compared to the factors of market coverage and market potential?
- How is the government initiative landscape across different regions and countries in the plant genomics market?
- How is the funding and investment landscape in the global plant genomics market?
- Which are the leading consortiums and associations in the global plant genomics market, and what is their role in the market?
- What are the market dynamics of the global plant genomics market, including market drivers, restraints, and opportunities?
- How has COVID-19 impacted the global plant genomics market?
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Industry Outlook
1.1.1 Government Programs and Initiatives Landscape
1.1.2 Regulatory Landscape
1.1.3 Key Consortium and Associations
1.1.4 Investment and Funding Landscape
1.1.5 Patent Analysis
22.214.171.124 Patent Analysis (by Status)
126.96.36.199 Patent Analysis (by Applicant Profile)
188.8.131.52 Patent Analysis (by Company)
184.108.40.206 Patent Analysis (by Technology)
220.127.116.11 Patent Analysis (by Patent Office)
1.1.6 Industry Attractiveness
1.2 Business Dynamics
1.2.1 Business Drivers
18.104.22.168 Rising Need for Improved Crop Traits
22.214.171.124 Increasing Need to Reduce Crop Losses
126.96.36.199 Reducing Cost of DNA Sequencing and Synthesizing
1.2.2 Business Challenges
188.8.131.52 High Initial Deployment Cost
184.108.40.206 Lack of Awareness in Handling Modern Plant Genomics Technologies in Developing Countries
1.2.3 Business Opportunities
220.127.116.11 Favorable Government Initiatives to Support Research and Development
18.104.22.168 Increasing Opportunities for Using Next-Generation Sequencing Technologies
1.2.4 Business Strategies
22.214.171.124 Product Developments
126.96.36.199 Market Developments
1.2.5 Corporate Strategies
188.8.131.52 Mergers and Acquisitions
184.108.40.206 Partnerships, Collaboration and Joint Ventures
2.1 Global Plant Genomics Market (by Application), Applications and Specifications
2.1.1 Herbicide Tolerance
2.1.2 Disease Resistance
2.1.3 Yield Improvement
2.2 Global Plant Genomics Market, Demand Analysis (by Application)
2.2.1 Demand Analysis (by Application), Value Data, 2019-2025
220.127.116.11 Yield Improvement
18.104.22.168 Disease Resistance
22.214.171.124 Herbicide Tolerance
2.3 Global Plant Genomics Market (by Farm Produce), Application and Specifications
2.3.2 Oil Crops
2.3.3 Fiber Crops
2.3.7 Tree Nuts
2.3.8 Roots and Tubers
2.4 Global Plant Genomics Market, Demand Analysis (by Farm Produce)
2.4.1 Demand Analysis (by Farm Produce), Value, 2019-2025
126.96.36.199 Oil Crops
188.8.131.52 Fiber Crops
184.108.40.206 Roots and Tubers
220.127.116.11 Tree Nuts
3.1 Global Plant Genomics Market (by Product Offering), Product and Specification
3.1.1 Hardware Devices
3.1.3 Support Services
3.2 Global Plant Genomics Market, Demand Analysis (by Product Offering)
3.2.1 Demand Analysis (by Product Offering), Value Data, 2019-2025
18.104.22.168 Hardware Devices
22.214.171.124 Support Services
3.3 Global Plant Genomics Market (by Technology), Product and Specification
3.3.1 DNA/RNA Sequencing
3.3.3 Marker-Assisted Selection (MAS)
3.4 Global Plant Genomics Market, Demand Analysis (by Technology)
3.4.1 Demand Analysis (by Technology), Value Data, 2019-2025
126.96.36.199 DNA/RNA Sequencing
188.8.131.52 Marker-Assisted Selection
4.1 North America
4.2 South America
4.5 Middle East and Africa
4.7 Asia-Pacific and Japan
5 Markets - Competitive Benchmarking & Company Profiles
5.1 Competitive Benchmarking
5.2 Company Profiles
184.108.40.206 Company Overview
220.127.116.11.1 Role in Global Plant Genomics Market
18.104.22.168.2 Product Portfolio
22.214.171.124.3 Production Sites and R&D Analysis
126.96.36.199 Corporate Strategies
188.8.131.52.1 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Joint Ventures
184.108.40.206 Strengths and Weaknesses
- BGI Genomics Co Ltd.
- Eurofins Scientific
- FLORAGENEX, INC.
- Front Range Biosciences
- Genotypic Technology Pvt. Ltd.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Keygene N.V.
- LC Sciences, LLC.
- Neogen Corporation
- Novogene Co., Ltd.
- NRGene Ltd.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- Traitgenetics GmbH
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6c0w80
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets