DUBLIN, Dec. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Adaptive Self Injection Systems" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The past decade has seen a dramatic shift in terms of the types of approved injectable drugs, the diseases they target, and the devices used to deliver them. This shift has fostered change on several levels of the healthcare sector.
The injectable drug segment has seen a marked increase in the level of drug/device integration, as specialty syringes and specialized injection devices proliferate in response to safety and formulation challenges posed by new and emerging drugs, and as the administration of injectables moves increasingly from practitioner offices and healthcare facilities to patient homes.
In response to these market dynamics, device suppliers are introducing injection systems that possess new capabilities and which can adapt to the evolving needs of drug developers and patients. This report analyzes more than two dozen adaptive devices currently being marketed for patient use.
What You Will Learn
- What injection devices intended for self administration incorporate adaptive features and/or functionality?
- What are their operational characteristics?
- What therapeutic drug markets are driving demand for adaptive self injection devices?
- Who are the important adaptive feature/functionality self injection system suppliers, their capabilities, and their business strategies?
- What are the major factors driving adaptive injection device demand?
- How important are drug developer-device manufacturer/ecosystem relationships in this sector and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- How are the current generation of adaptive feature/functionality injection devices aligned with various drug classes and therapeutic markets?
- What size is the market today? What will it be in 2024?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting this market?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Injectable Device Evolution
- Drug Development Trends
- Drug Formulation Diversity
- The Device Design Envelope
- Converging Device Requirements
- Adaptability & Ergonomics
- Device Selection Factors
- Competitive Landscape
3. Device Design Factors
- Market Segmentation
- Device Feature Requirements
- Materials Selection
- Patient Interface
- Injection Methodology
- Product Specific Devices
- Patient Population Variability
4. Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
- Market Demand Drivers
- Diseases & Indications
- The Patient Experience
5. Self-Administration Device Classes
- Handheld Injection Systems
- Disposable Autoinjectors
- Reusable Autoinjectors
- Small Form Factor Autoinjectors
- Dual Chamber Injectors
- Needle-free Injectors
- Pen Injectors
- Disposable Pens
- Reusable Pens
- Wearable Injection Systems
- Large Volume (
- Patch-like Injectors
- Subcutaneous Infusion Devices
6. Adaptable Injectors - Feature Sets
- Low-volume/High Frequency
- Variable Dosing
- Push-on-Skin Autoinjectors
- Injection Confirmation
- Custom Injection Rates
- Needle Insertion Speed/Depth
- Patient Prompts/Guidance
- One-step Reconstitution
- Wireless Connectivity
- High Volume Dosing
- High Viscosity Dosing
- Duration Dependent Dosing
7. Adaptable Injection System Product - Assessments & Market Data
- Adaptive Dosing & Administration
- Injection Event Customization
- Ease of Use & Patient Feedback
- Point-of-Care Reconstitution
- Non-Customary Dose Parameters
8. Therapeutic Segment Alignment, Use Cases & Product Forecasts
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Emergency Medicine
- Hormone Replacement
- Reproductive Health
9. Market Factors
- Regulatory Issues
- Device Branding
- Patient Compliance and Ease of Use
- Healthcare Economics
10. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kwtfxg/global_adaptive?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets