DUBLIN, July 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Adult Diaper Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global adult diaper market reached a value of US$ 12.2 Billion in 2017, registering a CAGR of 8.4% during 2010-2017
Adult diapers are available in many different forms, including pads resembling sanitary napkins, child diapers, traditional underpants, etc. With the advent of technology, there have been an increase in the demand for adult diapers due to the development of easy to wear, comfortable, thin diapers with improved retention and fluid absorption abilities.
A large geriatric population coupled with the growing cases of incontinence among men and women are the major factors driving the growth of the global adult diaper market. Additionally, the escalating demand for products which are skin friendly, odour-free and offer superior absorption is anticipated to further propel the market growth across the globe.
Some of the other factors stimulating the demand for adult diapers are rapid urbanisation, surging disposable incomes, rising cases of prostate surgeries and increasing awareness regarding the importance of hygiene.
Moreover, the use of adult diapers by guards on long duties, divers under their diving suits, pilots on long flights and other long-hour workers is also bolstering the demand for adult diapers worldwide.
Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 19 Billion by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of 7.5% during 2018-2023.
- Based on type, the market has been segmented as pad-type, flat-type and pant-type adult diapers. Amongst these, pad-type adult diapers dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of distribution channel, pharmacies represent the largest segment, accounting for the majority of the global share. Other major distribution channels are convenience stores and online.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Currently, North America is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
5 Global Adult Diaper Market
6 Market Breakup by Type
7 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
8 Market Breakup by Region
9 Adult Diaper Manufacturing Process
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Key Player Profiles
- Unicharm Corporation
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Attends Healthcare Group Ltd.
- Paul Hartmann AG
- Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget (SCA)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x92fcl/global_adult?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets