Feb 03, 2023, 16:50 ET
DUBLIN, Feb. 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Cargo Shipping - Global Strategic Business Report" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for Cargo Shipping estimated at 10.8 Billion Metric Tons in the year 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of 12.5 Billion Metric Tons by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 1.9% over the analysis period 2022-2030.
General Cargo, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 2.1% CAGR and reach 6.5 Billion Metric Tons by the end of the analysis period.
Taking into account the ongoing post pandemic recovery, growth in the Container Cargo segment is readjusted to a revised 2.4% CAGR for the next 8-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at 3.1 Billion Metric Tons, While China is Forecast to Grow at 1.6% CAGR
The Cargo Shipping market in the U.S. is estimated at 3.1 Billion Metric Tons in the year 2022. China, the world's second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of 2.2 Billion Metric Tons by the year 2030 trailing a CAGR of 1.6% over the analysis period 2022 to 2030.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 1.7% and 1.7% respectively over the 2022-2030 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 0.9% CAGR.
Select Competitors (Total 46 Featured) -
- A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S
- CEVA Logistics
- China COSCO Holdings Company Limited
- Cma Cgm S.A
- Deutsche Bank AG
- Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Hapag-Lloyd AG
- MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A.
- Nippon Express Co., Ltd.
- Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd.
What`s New for 2023?
- Special coverage on Russia-Ukraine war; global inflation; easing of zero-Covid policy in China and its `bumpy` reopening; supply chain disruptions, global trade tensions; and risk of recession.
- Global competitiveness and key competitor percentage market shares
- Market presence across multiple geographies - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- Access to digital archives and Research Platform
- Complimentary updates for one year
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Cargo Shipping Market: Prelude
- Cargo Shipping - Global Key Competitors Percentage Market Share in 2022 (E)
- Global Liner Fleet Market: Percentage Share of Leading Ship Operators In the Global Liner Fleet for 2019
- Container Shipping Market: An Oligopolistic Market Structure
- Leading Container Shipping Companies Worldwide
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- Competitive Market Presence - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Expanding Sea-Borne Trade Worldwide Boosts Demand for Cargo Shipping
- World Seaborne Trade: Total Volume of Goods Loaded in Billion Tons for the Years 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018
- Seaborne Trade Outlook: Projected Seaborne Trade Volume in Million Tons for the Years 2020, 2025, 2030 and 2035
- Seaborne Trade Outlook: Projected Seaborne Trade Volume in Million Tonnes by type of Cargo for the Years 2020, 2025, 2030 and 2035
- Global Sea Trade: Annual Growth of Sea Trade Volume on Tonnes-Basis and Tonne-Miles Basis for the Years 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018
- Seaborne Trade of Developing Economies: Percentage of World Tonnage by Goods Loaded and Goods Unloaded for the Years 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018
- China's Growing Contribution to World Trade: Global Sea-Borne Trade Volume in Million Tonnes and Annual Trade Volume Change in % by China and Rest of World for the Years 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018
- Global Seaborne Trade Volume in Cargo Ton-Miles by Cargo Type for 2015 and 2017
- World Economic Trends Impact Global Sea Trade Volumes, Influencing Demand for Cargo Shipping
- World Economic Outlook: Annual GDP in % of Major Economies for the Years 2017 through 2020
- US-China Trade War: Implications for the Cargo Shipping Industry
- US Soybean Exports to China Fall amidst the US-China Trade Dispute: Soybean Exports in Million Metric Tons and Percentage Change in Export Volume for the Period Oct 2017-Feb 2018 and Oct 2018-Feb 2019
- US Seaborne Crude Exports: Average Monthly Exports of Crude in Thousand Barrels Per Day to China and Other Buyers for the Period Jan-2017 to Feb-2019
- Investments into Port Infrastructure Development Initiatives: An Opportunity to Tap for Cargo Shipping Market
- Container Shipping Market: An Overview
- Shipping Containers Market Worldwide: Capacity of Container Ships in Million Tons Deadweight for the Years 2015 through 2017
- Number of Containership Completions and Compensated Gross Tonnage (CGT) for the Years 2020, 2025, 2030 and 2035
- Global Container Fleet Market: Percentage Breakdown of Fleet by Age for 2018
- Dry Bulk Shipping Market: Despite Volatile Conditions Potential for Rebound Favors Growth
- Growth of Dry Bulk Ship Fleet in Million DWT for the Period 2015-2021
- Bulk Carrier Capacity Worldwide: Percentage Breakdown of Fleet Size and DWT by Type of Carrier for the Year 2018
- General Cargo Market: STable Growth Ahead
- Development of General Cargo Fleet Worldwide: Size of Fleet in Million DWT and as % of World Fleet for the Period 2010-2018
- General Cargo Vessel Completions: Number of Completions and Compensated Gross Tonnage (CGT) for the Years 2020, 2025, 2030 and 2035
- Booming E-Commerce Industry Augurs Well for Cargo Shipping Market
- Positive Demand Outlook for Multi-Purpose Cargo Ships
- Compliance with International Regulations and Standards: Vital for Cargo Shipping Market
- Emerging Technologies Promise to Transform Cargo Shipping Marketplace
- Major Challenges Confronting Cargo Shipping Market
- Environmental Impact of Container Losses at Sea: A Major Concern
- Total Losses of Containers at Sea: Breakdown of Containers Lost by Catastrophic and Other Losses for the Period 2010-2016
- Geopolitical Risks: A Significant Factor Impacting Cargo Shipping Market
- PRODUCT OVERVIEW
- Cargo Ship
- Types of Cargo Ships
- Bulk Cargo
- Container Cargo
- General Cargo
- Oil & Gas
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3q7b2s-shipping?w=5
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Share this article