FELTON, California, September 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global dietary fibers market size is expected to reach USD 11.83 billion in 2025. Rising popularity of fiber-fortified foods as a result of increasing awareness about maintaining proper gut health is expected to be a favorable factor for the market. Furthermore, rising prevalence of lifestyle diseases owing to hectic working schedule is expected to shift inclination of consumers toward nutraceuticals including functional foods. This factor is anticipated to further propel market growth.
Government support and rising funding aimed at promoting organic farming in key markets such as, U.S., China, Japan, and India is expected to promote production output of fruits and vegetables. As a result, dietary fiber manufacturers from these countries are projected to keep their production units in vicinity to ensure easy access to vegetables and fruits as a functional feedstock. fibers market
Cargill, Incorporated, ADM, DuPont, and Nexira are the leading producers of dietary fiber. Some of the above mentioned players have adopted forward integration strategy, which involves product distribution to consumers through direct selling or e-commerce portals. However, retailers and wholesalers also play a key role in promoting the product reach. Cooperative Purchasers, AdvoCare, and Foodchem International Corporation are the key distributors at this stage of the value chain.
Food segment is expected to reach USD 4.83 billion by the end of 2025. Food and beverage, animal feed, and pharmaceutical are the key consumers of dietary fiber ingredients. Growth of this market is highly dependent on food industry as it accounts for a major chunk of dietary fiber consumption. Global processed food manufacturers such as Kellogg's and Nestle along with animal feed formulators such as Novus International Inc. and National Farms are a part of this stage of value chain.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Global Dietary Fibers Market Size And Forecast, By Source (Whole Grain Products, Fruits & Vegetables), By Product (Soluble, Insoluble), By Application (Food & beverages, Animal feed, Pharmaceuticals) And Trend Analysis, 2014 - 2025" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/dietary-fibers-market
Dietary fibers are one of the essential nutrients to human body. They help maintain bowel health and decrease occurrence of constipation. In addition, soluble fibers found in oats, beans, and oat bran; help lower blood cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber intake slows down absorption of sugar and improves blood sugar levels. Growing concerns over cardiovascular disorders are expected to have a strong impact on demand. These fibers are also known to improve skin health by helping smooth excretion of unwanted materials from skin, thus, preventing acne or rashes.
North America and Europe are projected to expand at CAGR of 14.0% and 13.1%, respectively in terms of revenue. However, stringent regulations and compliances regarding manufacturing processes in major markets are expected to remain key challenges. Furthermore, high cost of supplements compared to naturally available products such as legumes, nuts, fruits, and vegetables is projected to limit the scope of dietary fibers in near future.
Cargill, Incorporated, one of the largest agri-business companies in U.S., was the leader in the global dietary fibers market, in terms of revenue, technology, contract price, and reliability of product track record. Other major companies, ADM, Lonza Group AG, and Nexira also held predominant market positions.
Browse related reports by Hexa Research:
- Probiotics Ingredients Market - Global probiotics ingredients market size was valued at USD 1.95 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow further over the forecast period. Rising preference towards preventive healthcare coupled with awareness regarding the inherent benefits of fiber ingredients is expected to boost the overall market growth in the next few years.
- Omega 7 Palmitoleic Acid Market - Global omega 7 palmitoleic acid (POA) market size reached 22.7 kilo tons in 2017 and expected to grow further over the forecast period. Rising importance of nutritional supplements in cardiovascular and ophthalmic healthcare segments is anticipated to propel market growth.
- Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) Market - Global Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) market size was valued at USD 60.0 million in 2015 and is expected to grow further over the forecast period. Increasing awareness regarding HMO as a functional ingredient in infant formula, for maintaining proper functioning of immune system, is expected to remain a favorable growth driver.
- Fructo Oligosaccharides (FOS) Market - Global Fructo Oligosaccharides (FOS) market size was estimated at USD 1.15 billion in 2015. Increasing consumer awareness regarding high prevalence of chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, gut problems, and rickets is projected to propel product demand.
Hexa Research has segmented the dietary fibers market report based on product type, source, application and region:
Segmentation by Product Type
Segmentation by Source
• Whole Grain Products
• Fruits & Vegetables
Segmentation by Application
Segmentation by Region
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
Key players analyzed:
• Cargill, Incorporated
• Lonza Group AG
• Roquette Freres
• Tate & Lyle
• Grain Processing Corporation
• Grain Millers, Inc.
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Hexa Research