NEW YORK, Oct. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Sweet spreads are an integral part of every breakfast and this has led to their steady growth. The rising health consciousness among consumers has given way to new low calorie spreads. The major market players in this industry are Unilever Group, Wellness Foods Ltd., Premier Foods Plc, Ferrero Group, and Andros SAS. The global food spreads market is set to be of worth 15.6 billion USD by 2015.
The UK food spreads market witnessed sales increase by 5% in value terms through 2012, while experiencing a smaller increase in volume terms of 2%.The sales for peanut butter in UK have increased by 25% while jam sales have remained stagnant in the last 4 years. Around 7.7% of consumers have switched from jam to peanut butter. The UK sweet spread sales account to 437.26 million.
The US spreads market is worth 3.1 billion USD in 2014 and is expected to witness a relatively stable growth despite the economic recession.Food spreads comprise of a variety of products like jams, jellies, fruit and nut based spreads, honey, syrup and chocolate based spreads. The USA is a huge consumer of the sweet based spreads and Asia, by virtue of its sheer population is also a huge consumer.
Chocolate spread is the second most popular choice for spreads with its sales rising by 27% in the last 4 years. The chocolates spread market is worth more than 320 Million USD. With increasing economic pressure, people are looking to cook at home and spreads are an extremely viable option. Peanut butter and chocolate spreads are displacing jam and marmalade as the most popular breakfast spreads. Product innovation is the key driving factor for new brands which are providing a stiff competition to the already established ones in the spreads market.
In this report we offer,
1) A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for food spreads
2) Analysis of the dominant regions in food spreads including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world.
3) Analysis of the drivers/inhibitors/opportunity analysis for each of the micro markets.
4) Segmentation of the food spreads market by type of spreads- jams, jellies, nut based, chocolate based, fruit based and honey.
Why should you buy this report?
1) For getting a comprehensive overview of the worldwide food spreads market
2) To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3) To understand which categories of food spreads are doing well in the market and which are not.
4) To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03311771-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker reviews, finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.