FREMONT, California, July 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
According to a new market intelligence report by BIS Research, titled "Global Minimally Invasive Surgical Systems Market - Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2025", the global minimally invasive surgical systems market is estimated to grow over $40.52 billion by 2025. The global minimally invasive surgical systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.9% from 2018 to 2025, driven by the rapidly increasing demand from the patients undergoing minimally invasive or non-invasive surgical procedures, increasing surgical need, especially with rising geriatric population, and the surge in the prevalence of colorectal and other gastrointestinal diseases. New technological advancements in the medical field, such as miniaturization of surgical equipment and development of surgical robots, have also spurred the market growth and substantially increased the number of minimally invasive surgeries performed across the world.
Browse 157 market Data Tables and 307 Figures spread through 756 Pages and in-depth TOC on "Global Minimally Invasive Surgical Systems Market "
Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) has evolved as the gold standard for highly accurate, sensitive, and less invasive surgical procedures. These procedures have gained widespread clinical acceptance due to their advantages over open surgeries, such as less number of incisions, fewer post-operative complications, quicker recovery, fewer scars and blood loss, and enhanced patient outcomes. Over the years, these procedures have been employed across diverse medical specialties such as cardiothoracic, orthopedic, urological, vascular, and neurological procedures. Also, the MIS sector has an enormous appetite for innovations, resulting in the development of miniaturized surgical instruments. Surgical robots have been there in the industry for the last two decades, and gaining considerable medical acceptance they are being used for minimally invasive surgery as well. As of 2016, there were more than 3,200 robotic platforms installed globally, with 2,223 in the U.S., 549 in Europe, and 494 in the-Rest-of-the-World. However, their uptake has been restricted to a few medical specialties such as gynecology, urology, and general surgery. Also, the high cost of implementation of these systems has also restricted their widespread usage all over the world..
Conventional minimally invasive surgical systems constitute another broad segment of the global minimally invasive surgical systems market. This market segment currently occupies approximately 78% of the overall MIS market and majorly comprises techniques such as laparoscopy and endoscopy. In 2017, this market segment was valued at approximately $18.87 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.90%. This minimal growth can be attributed to the rising demand for the robotic-assisted surgeries as compared to the conventional surgical techniques. However, factors such as high cost, high learning curve, and lack of skilled professionals are hindering the growth of this market segment.
According to Abdul Wahid, Principal Analyst at BIS Research, "North America is the leading contributor to the global minimally invasive surgical systems market. In 2017, the contribution in terms of revenue of North America to the global minimally invasive surgical systems market was valued approximately $9.31 billion, which is anticipated to grow at a double-digit CAGR of 12.86% during the forecast period. This high growth rate in the region can be attributed to the rising patient demand for minimally invasive surgeries, technological developments, and perceived benefits of MIS surgeries (such as quick recovery, fewer scars and pain, and fewer post-operative complications), among others."
- As of 2018, the global number of surgical procedures has grown by nearly 15% primarily due to the extensive usage of da Vinci assisted general surgical procedures and continued growth in urology in Europe and Asia region, followed by multi-specialty procedure growth in China. The growth in the general surgery procedures is further increased due to the rising demand for hernia repair and colon resection procedures.
- Intuitive Medical is currently leading the surgical robotics market space, occupying approximately 70% of the market. The company's da Vinci surgical system has significantly propelled the number of procedures globally, thus expanding the addressable market.
- In 2017, the revenue generated by the global conventional minimally invasive surgical equipment market was approximately $18.87 billion, which expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.90% during the forecast period. The growth in this field is majorly coming from the North America region which has an estimated addressable market of nearly $6.83 billion, contributing to nearly 34% of the overall market. Within the North America region, almost 92% of the market is dominated by the U.S. primarily due to the rising number of laparoscopic procedures performed in the nation. In 2017 alone, there were more than 3.4 million procedures performed across the U.S. with California, Texas, and Florida having the highest number of procedures. Olympus, Covidien, Ethicon, and Karl Storz are some of the significant players in the U.S market.
- Endoscopy is the largest product category for the global conventional minimally invasive surgical systems market contributing to approximately $10.33 billion, which is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.60% during the forecast period. However, the major growth segment is capsule endoscopy which would grow at a double-digit CAGR of 10.00% during the forecast period. The high growth rate can be attributed to a large number of colorectal cancer (CRC) screening programs conducted across many developed regions such as North America and Europe.
- A majority of conventional surgical instruments are incapable of providing high-quality image/video of the affected region, imposing difficulties in the case of complicated surgeries. On the contrary, robotic surgery makes it easier for the surgeons to carry out complex procedures with comparatively much smaller incisions (0.5-1 mm). Furthermore, robotic surgeries can significantly improve patient outcomes and reduce the number of inpatient stays for a patient.
Source: BIS Research Analysis
Request for Sample Report: https://bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=535&type=download
This market intelligence report provides a multidimensional view of the global minimally invasive surgical systems market in terms of market size and growth potential. This research report aims at answering various aspects of the global minimally invasive surgical systems market with the help of the key factors driving the market, threats that can inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion.
Furthermore, the competitive landscape chapter in the report explicates the competitive nature of the global market and enables the reader to get acquainted with the recent market activities, such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, business expansions, and mergers and acquisitions, among others. The research report provides a comprehensive analysis of the product sales, manufacturers, trend analysis by segments, and demand analysis by geographical regions.
This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 80 players in the market ecosystem and draws upon the insights from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 20 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The report also profiles 40 companies which comprise key players from surgical robotics systems as well as conventional minimally invasive surgical systems. Some of the key players of the global surgical robotics market include Accuray Inc., Auris Health, Inc., CMR Surgical Ltd., Intuitive Surgical Inc., Mazor Robotics Ltd., Medrobotics Corporation, Renishaw Plc., and Restoration Robotics, Inc., among others. On the other hand, some of the key players in the conventional minimally invasive surgical systems ecosystem include B. Braun Melsungen AG, Boston Scientific Corporation, CONMED Corporation, Cogentix Medical, Inc., FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc., KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, and Olympus Corporation, among others.
Key questions answered in the report:
What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global minimally invasive surgical systems market?
• What was the market value of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global minimally invasive surgical systems market in 2017?
• How will each segment of the global minimally invasive surgical systems market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2025?
• What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the leading players?
• How will the industry evolve during the forecast period 2018-2025?
• What are the key developments and strategies implemented by the key players to sustain the market?
• What are the major areas of application in which minimally invasive surgeries are extensively applied?
• Who are the most significant end users of minimally invasive surgical systems, and how will each end user segment grow during the forecast period impacting the global market?
• What is the largest product category for both surgical robotics and conventional minimally invasive surgical systems market segment?
• What will be the market value as well as the growth rate of each of the sub-segments (surgical robotics and conventional minimally invasive surgical systems) of the global minimally invasive surgical systems market?
About BIS Research:
BIS Research (Business Intelligence and Strategy Research) is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.
What distinguishes BIS Research from the rest of the players is that we don't simply provide data but also complement it with valuable insights and actionable inputs for the success of our clients.
Email: [email protected]
39111 PASEO PADRE PKWY STE 315,
FREMONT CA 94538-1686
SOURCE BIS Research